hikashop contact us for more information email address?

• Thank you received: 10
6 years 8 months ago #275258

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.1.7 .
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi HikaShop

I have the “contact us for more information” switched on for products e.g. here:

www.finalbug.net/store/product/23-fcpx-foundations

The thing is that the email address that is being used is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I want to use This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where is this email address coming from!?!

In HikaShop

Configuration Emails I have: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

In Joomla

Global Configuration
In the Server Tab
In the Mail Settings Tab “From Email” I have : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Is there a third place for emails???

Where I can change This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for “contact us for more information” form???

thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 8 months ago #275266

Hi,

The email address used come either from the from setting in the HikaShop configuration.
However, with HikaMarket there is an option to override the sending of the contact email with the email address of the vendor. But that should only be possible with HikaMarket Multivendor, not with the front edition that you have so I don't see why it would come from that. But it's worth checking on.

6 years 8 months ago #275328

Hi Nicolas

I think you might be right about HikaMarket over riding the email!
The HikaMarket was indeed This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I switched it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
And I guess this now works as expected.
So maybe this is a little buggy!

Please see screen shots

best

Paul

Attachments:

6 years 8 months ago #275331

hi, hi

I have another idea...
I believe that the following is happening....
When I am logged in as an Easy Social User Hika Shop is pulling the Email address associated with my User account!
And doing an auto fill for me!

best

Paul

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 8 months ago #275339

Hi,

The email is sent by HikaShop and HikaShop doesn't use anything else that the email in the from of the HikaShop email configuration.
The only way something else would be used is if a third party extension overrides the email, like HikaMarket does.

Now I'm not sure why you're talking about auto fill and giving a screenshot of the contact form.
I thought that you were talking about the receiver of the contact us request. But it seems with your latest messages that you're about the email field of the contact form (which is only used for the administrator to be able to reply to the customer. That field contains the email address of the customer if logged in. If not, it's empty but it can be auto filled by your browser based on how your browser is configured.

6 years 8 months ago #275414

Hi Nicolas

That field contains the email address of the customer if logged in. If not, it's empty but it can be auto filled by your browser based on how your browser is configured.

You are of course right. Sorry about the confusion.

all is well thanks

Paul

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds