Login language redirection

• Thank you received: 6
6 years 3 months ago #285850

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4

Hi
I know, my version is relatively old and we should upgrade, but we have some other issues to solve before we can do that.

For now we have a problem with login. Joomla Login from the front-end is redirected to Hikashop Login. I use the Remove URL Language Code in the System - Language Filter Plugin. But the Hikashop Form adds action="/en/" and that page doesn't exist, which means customers aren't happy of course...

How do I remove the /en/ action from the form please?
Thanks
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #285859

Hello,

HikaShop do not add the "/en/".
The Joomla language code plugin would do such kind of task but there is no kind of code in HikaShop for that since HikaShop is an e-commerce system and let Joomla core plugins do their job.
Afterwards ; please note that your browser can have some cache regarding the redirections.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 3 months ago #285925

Thanks Jerome
I can fix it by switching off Language Filter Plugin, sure and that solves the problem (but creates others).

That Plugin has an option to remove the URL language extension from the URL, and when selected does its job.

But in the Hikashop Login module, the Form Action does add the Language Extension, unless the login is called from a page which is not the Home Page. The Language Filter does not seem to strip the language extension from the Form Action when called from the Home Page, at the site root URL.

It's as though the Hikashop module is called before the Language Filter Plugin.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #285930

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're talking about.
There is no "HikaShop login module". We never developed a login module since it would basically do the same as Joomla's.
We do have a login form inside the checkout of HikaShop but it doesn't deal with the language, and nor does the checkout itself.

Please provide more precise information. Which login are you talking about ? How do you access it (link ? screenshot?) ? Car you provide a test account so that we can reproduce the issue ? Can you provide a clear step by step procedure for us to reproduce the issue ?

6 years 3 months ago #286008

Understood.
The problem lies with the Joomla Language Filter and I will explore there to resolve. Thanks for pointing out the relationship between Joomla and Hikashop login. Hikashop login updates Joomla Login and creates a Joomla User at Checkout, but not the other way around - got it!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds