• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #287601

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

I have a strange issue that I can't replicate and don't know where to look. I found one thread with someone having a similar problem but I don't think its related.

We have a menu link for the Hikashop User Control Pane (/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=user&layout=cpanel&Itemid=xxx). The Customer Account icon which should link to something like /index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit&Itemid=xxx instead links to another menu alias that is actually our Logout link (index.php?option=com_users&view=login&layout=logout&task=user.menulogout). No matter what we call this menu item, the Hikashop control panel always references this /logout alias and the Edit Profile button doesn't work.

If I create a new menu item for the Joomla! Edit User Profile option, and even hide it, Hikashop's Edit Custom Account link refers to that link.

I'm sure I have some type of conflict, but I don't know where to check for it. This only happens if I have the default J! SEF enabled, and the system routes are rewritten. (We aren't using any 3rd party SEF like sh404sef).

Thanks for your input!

Keivn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #287604

Hello,

It's not related to HikaShop but it's only related to the Joomla routing core system.
We already explain that in various thread of that forum ; but you need to create the menu to fix the Joomla URL generated by the router... But it's really Joomla related and not HikaShop related.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #287666

I'm confused. Hikashop only runs on Joomla. The problem only occurs within a component link created by the Hikashop Customer Panel. I'm also confused on other threads that state that using a 3rd party SEF component like sh404sef is not recommended, yet it is recommended?

So the solution is to create a menu link to the joomla edit user profile so that when your application runs, it knows where it should be routing to? I did not see that in the documentation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #287709

Hello,

But you can find several thread in our forum which talk about that issue.
And you can also find some thread in the Joomla support forum for that issue which has been introduced with modification in the routing system.

HikaShop is requesting a SEF URL for : " index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit "
And it is the Joomla routing system which convert it into a SEF URL using the router of the "com_users" component.
Each component is responsible for the conversion of the URL pointing to him.

We had the same issue in our own website when we update Joomla and we just created the according menus to improve the SEF.
That's all !

And there is nothing to write in our documentation since it's not related to HikaShop.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #287725

Thank you and forgive me, but if this is a such a common question on the forums then that should tell you something.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 2 months ago #287736

Hi,

The link to the user account profile tries to automatically guess a suitable menu item and picks a a random one from com_users so that you don't get a 404 error when using the link.
If you want to user a different one simply edit the HikaShop joomla user account link plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and enter the id of the menu item you want in the "force menu" setting there.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds