Changing profile address doesn't change shipping address

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 2 months ago #287945

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5

We've had a customer who changed her profile address and assumed it would change the default billing and shipping address, it doesn't so the goods went to her old address. The new profile address doesn't even appear as an option under "addresses" at checkout so the customer would have needed to enter her new address again.

This seems to be a bug in that, if you change your profile address ( under Hikashop | Account ) that should become the default billing and shipping address. I know you can edit addresses through the addresses tab in the customers account but it's confusing if the address has to be entered in two places.

Thanks,

Ian

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by iedwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 2 months ago #287950

Hi,

By "profile" address, I suppose that you talk about the fields you added to the Joomla user profile.
However, the Joomla user profile fields and the addresses in HikaShop are not connected.
I would recommend disabling the Joomla user profile fields asking for the address in the profile, since it's only misleading for the users as they don't have any practical use.

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 2 months ago #287973

Hi Nicolas,

I was confused there for a minute as I don't recall adding any fields, but the problem comes from the Joomla User Profile plugin. This is packaged with Joomla and adds address fields to the user profile. As it is packaged with Joomla it might be worth recognising it in Hikashop?

Anyway I have unpublished the plugin which has removed the address fields from the Joomla Profile, so now Hikashop is the only address repository on the site.

Many thanks for your help.

Ian

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 2 months ago #287975

Hi,

We can't just "recognise" the fields from there because they don't have the same structure as our fields.
That would require building a synchronization system between the Joomla fields and HikaShop's main address. It's possible but not easy.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds