Email to customer not sent

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 2 weeks ago #289671

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 65.0.3325.162

After payment is confirmed by PayPal I would like a customer to get an email summary of the order automatically. This is not working at the moment.

I have "Order status notification" enabled under Sys > Email.
I don't see any messages under Email Log
I am receiving admin emails about orders and that they are confirmed.

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Hikarioo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 week ago #289693

Hello,

If you already made sure that every emails was correctly published via "Hikashop->System->Emails", note that Hikashop uses the standard joomla email sending functions. If you have a problem only on ONE email, it means that the problem is the content of the email.
What you should try also is to send an email via the interface in sales when changing an order information. Does that work ? If yes, then, the problem is really the content of the order status notification.
It could also be that your hosting company doesn't allow you to send more than one email per thread and at the end of the checkout, so you might want to check on that with your hosting company.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

6 years 1 week ago #289748

I think the issue is that we send the shopping cart directly to PayPal without capturing any customer info. :oops:

I don't know how to enable guest login and capture only a) name and b) email c) address and d) age (custom field) of a person before they are sent to PayPal. Can you help me with that? I would like to collect that information in the cart when one clicks on proceed to checkout, and before they are sent to PayPal.

I promise this is the last question for now :-) Thank you again for your help and patience.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 1 week ago #289749

Hi,

Ah yes, if you don't ask for the email address to the customer during the checkout, then HikaShop on't send him any email.
You need to add the "login" view to the "checkout workflow" setting of your HikaShop configuration.
There, you want to turn off the login setting, and set the "registration" option to "guest".
Then, in the Display>Custom fields menu, you can disable the address fields you don't want and create new ones if you want.

6 years 1 week ago #289817

Thank you! Everything is working now.
However, I have to enter email and click NEXT before I can proceed to checkout. This will be confusing.
Is there some JS magic that integrates those 2 buttons into one or is there a better way to do this?

Attachments:

6 years 1 week ago #289818

Hi,

You can easily hide the Next button with CSS:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Otherwise, next version of HikaShop, which we'll release soon, will have an option to remove it so you can wait for a week or two and update then.

5 years 11 months ago #290566

Email is a required field. If I hide Next user gets an error (required field).
Is it possible to trigger/save Next function when one clicks HikaShop proceed to check out button? If I understand it correctly Next-button saves users email to HikaShop.
Is this (no next button, just one hikashop proceed to check out) feature in the next release?
When is the next release coming? :-)

Thanks!!

5 years 11 months ago #290584

Hi,

The release has been made last week:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html
It contains a new checkout workflow editor:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/409
That editor has a "show submit button" setting that you can use to remove the "next/register" button of the registration/guest form view.

My proposition in my previous message was to hide the next/register button, not to remove the email field.

5 years 11 months ago #290664

How do we update?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 747
5 years 11 months ago #290667

Hi,

Here under -> My account -> My subscriptions you can download the newest package and install it again on your site, practically "over" your existing shop.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

5 years 11 months ago #290670

Ops, I'm one reply behind. I see you replied. Thanks! The update doesn't show in Extensions > Updates but your answer why. Thanks again.

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Hikarioo.

• Thank you received: 747
5 years 11 months ago #290673

"Manual" update and the one through the Joomla update section are not really different.

No, your settings and content remain the same.
However, yes, many things have changed/improved. So, as with any software, it's worth to read the changelog and go through the configuration in the backend to see new and different options.
Yes, the HikaShop team always waits a few days before enabling a new version in the Joomla update section.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, Hikarioo

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds