Existing users not found in Hikashop user panel

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 9 months ago #294459

Hello,
I am registering new affiliates via a custom Chronoform form, the users are being registered normally in Joomla (I can see them in the Joomla user list), but when I go to the Hikashop Customers list to activate them as partners, I can't find them there.
I have selected "all" in the dropdown menu, but none of those users shows.
Thw only difference I can see about these users is that they have been created but didn't log into the site yet.
Can this possibly be the cause of the issue?

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 9 months ago #294463

Hello,

Can't be sure of it but if people aren't registered on an HikaShop form, you won't be able to find them in HikaShop listings.
HikaShop User database is based from Joomla one but are 2 different table.
And so, been registered in Joomla user isn't been automatically an HikaShop registered user.

Hope this return will help you to move forward.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 9 months ago #294518

if people aren't registered on an HikaShop form, you won't be able to find them in HikaShop listings.

Actually it's not like this.
I have tested further and if the user has logged in at least one time he will be listed in Hikashop customer list, only users that have never logged in are not being listed.
I can easily solve this by auto-logging in usres after they register through my custom registering form then.

Maybe you could check this on your side and correct the issue so that even users that have never logeed in are being listed n Hikashop as customers.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 9 months ago #294519

Hello,

Please note that HikaShop "check database" (via the hikashop configuration) perform the sync between Joomla and HikaShop users.
Please also not that HikaShop do have fallbacks to create users when a Joomla user is log-in.

The "HikaShop users" system plugin is there to catch Joomla events when a user is created ; if the other component do not use the Joomla core to create the user in the database ; I'm afraid that we can't do anything.
You have to create the users using the Joomla core functions so the other plugins/components will have the knowledge of what is happening (and create interaction, a full working eco-system).
Just while a user is log-in, there is a trigger and that's why HikaShop can create the corresponding user. It's a well designed workflow !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds