email order confirmation to admin

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 6 months ago #298947

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13

Hello I am trying to get ONLY the order confirmation email that is sent to the customer to be also sent to the admin/client email.

This was working fine but for some reason after the 4.0.0 update the email is not working correctly.

How would I go about setting the email up to work in this way on the new 4.0.0 Hikashop version.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 6 months ago #298948

!hi,

We didn't change much in the email system in the 4.0.0 so I don't see why that would be the case.
Can you check first the menu Customers>Emails history. There, you can see all the emails sent by HikaShop. So you can search for the missing emails. If you see them, then the issue is with the email server or spam issues. If you don't then please provide a screenshot of the email settings in the menu System>Emails.

5 years 6 months ago #298982

Hello,
No they are not in email history. However I believe I remember how it was done before I used the bcc plugin to copy in when a order status is sent to the customer my client also receives it which works now.

However the bcc is not working as a blind copy as you can see everyones email in the receiving email.

I have attached the plugin I am using and the email we are receiving.

Thanks

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #298984

Hi,

I don't know about that plugin.
If you want to add a bcc email address to the order status notification, you don't need a plugin.
You can just enter the email address in the BCC setting of the email via the menu System>Emails. It's been like that for a long time.
Try disabling that email and setup the BCC email address in the settings of the email.

5 years 6 months ago #299053

Hello,
I have tried that but I then receive a status email everytime the status changes, from shipping then to review. I only want to receive a copy of the status change for confirmed payment.

This was working fine before I updated to 4.0.0. That plugin is a Hikashop plugin.

Thanks

5 years 6 months ago #299059

Hi,

I don't know how that plugin is done so I can't say why it wouldn't work after the update.
Provide a copy of the plugin and we can have a look.
Also, regarding the email notification, I don't know why you want a copy of the order status notification ?
HikaShop already stores a copy of all the emails in the menu Customers>Emails history, and as administrator, you also get the "payment notification email" sent to you with all the details of the order when the order is confirmed automatically by the payment plugin, so this should actually not be necessary, unless I'm missing something. Coudl you tell us why you're trying to do that ?

5 years 6 months ago #299260

It is just how the client as always done it and they did receive it before.
We are currently not receiving any email notification that an order as come through. Does the notification email look similar to the status email and how would I set this up so the client will only receive the confirmation?
I have attached what the client use to receive when a order came through.

The plugin must of come with the the Hikashop install as I did not install anything separately.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 6 months ago #299272

Hello,

Does the notification email look similar to the status email and how would I set this up so the client will only receive the confirmation?

The best solution will be to go in the menu "Hikashop->System->Emails" (Business edition only) and un-publish the order creation notification email.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #299330

Hello,
I have already unpublished the creation email. I have added my email address into the payment notification field however I have the issue of still receiving the Paypal pending notification emails when I only want to receive the email when orders are confirmed?

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by dancingkazzaf.

5 years 6 months ago #299336

Hi,

That is normal.
Changing that would require some coding.

What I don't understand is that there is no such plugin doing what you say was doing before the update in HikaShop.
That's why I was asking for a copy of the plugin. So could you please provide a copy of the plugin ?
Please zip its folder under the plugins/hikashop/ folder and we'll be able to have a clearer view of the situation.

5 years 6 months ago #299478

Hello
I have zipped up the plugin I used, it would be great if you take a look and get it working again.

Thanks

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #299484

Hi,

This plugin code always add the email addresses in the order status notification regardless of the order status.
So basically, it works like the bcc field of the emails that we have in the email edition interface.

This plugin cannot only add the email addresses for the confirmed order status and not the others. That would require some additional code in the plugin.
So I don't see how it could be working for you before HikaShop 4. I suspect that you already had that behavior before but you just didn't notice until now.
I've made a small code change to that plugin so that it adds the email addresses only when the order status is confirmed:

File Attachment:

File Name: addBcc_sta...mail.zip
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

5 years 5 months ago #299539

Thankyou I will upload and give it a test. I did have another issue with this plugin. Even thou it is meant to do a blind copy, when you receive the email you can see everyone elses emails who are copied in aswell. Not sure if you know what is causing this?

Thanks

5 years 5 months ago #299544

Hi,

Yes, that's because the code adds the email as recipient, not as bcc.

5 years 5 months ago #299637

Okay,
Can this be fixed so it works as a bcc, since that is what the plugin is mean't to do?

Thanks

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by dancingkazzaf.

5 years 5 months ago #299640

Hi,

Sure. Change the addRecipient function to addBCC in the code.

5 years 5 months ago #299847

Thankyou I will give it a try

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds