TIME custom field ... missing option in date

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 weeks ago #192703

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4

Hi Guys,

Trying to have an equivalent of TIME custom field for product. I have a date but that's about it, no time selection. I'm implementing a service component... any fix ?

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
9 years 3 weeks ago #192734

Hi,

How about creating a single dropdown with the hours as values or a text input so that the person can enter the time himself in the field ?

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 weeks ago #192802

Bonjour Nicolas,

Je suis d'accord que cela pourrait être une bonne 2e étape MAIS cela gère mal la conversation et les timezone plutôt qu'un FIELD spécialement à cet effet. Je suis au Canada sur 3 timezone donc c'est pas l'idéal de gérer du texte pour la conversion dans les 2 sens et une fois le paiement fait on va se faire un plugin ou un équivalent pour réinscrire dans le component original donc, le traitement texte n'est pas idéal.

Merci

9 years 3 weeks ago #192812

Bonjour,

En ce cas il faudrait développer un plugin qui ajouterait un nouveau type pour faire exactement cela.
Je dois avouer que je ne vois pas trop le soucis avec les timezones. L'utilisateur entre toujours son heure à lui. Et la personne qui livre le colis utilise la même heure que lui vu qu'il est dans la même timezone.
A moins que vous voulez une utilisation différentes que "heure de livraison du colis" auquel cas je ne saurais dire si une possibilité de faire cela sans développement est possible car je ne sais pas ce que vous voulez exactement. Auriez vous plus de détails ?

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 10 months ago #240393

I am going to try this suggestion as I too am looking for times to be entered. A couple questions:

1 - Do I have to manually enter each time? For example, if I wanted the start time to begin at 7:00am and end time to be 10:00pm with quarter increments, is there a way to do this without manually putting each one?

2 - Rental times for us are 6 hours. Is there a way to put a start time and the system populate 6 hours?

7 years 10 months ago #240409

Hi,

1. No, you need to enter each value in the custom field. But it should only take 10 minutes.

2. I'm not following you. If the rental times are 6 hours and that you already have a start time for the customer to enter, where do you want to "populate 6 hours" ? There is no need for an end time selection if the duration is fixed to 6 hours.
And if you want to populate such field to be selected start time + 6 hours, it will require adding custom javascript code to the page.
So if you're a developer, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 10 months ago #240493

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing...just typing it in.

Rental times are 6 hours or about. I was trying to make it easier for the customers who don't really know when the party is going to be over by having the system automatically put an end time. It's nothing critical for me. No I don't know the coding. Thanks for the response.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds