Coupon calculation with floating taxes

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 5 months ago #221333

-- url of the page with the problem -- : Closed dev server
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Hi,

We are using the floating tax feature with multiple VAT rates (we sell products with electronic delivery).

When applying a coupon with a flat amount, it seems that Hikashop is calculating the VAT for both the coupon and the price incl VAT.

In my screenshot, the VAT amount (20%) should have been 381.18€, but it's displayed as 380.18€. Hikashop takes off 1€ from the VAT amount regardless of the quantity/total amount of the order, which led me to conclude that the missing 1€ is a VAT calculated from the coupon amount. Could it be so? What I would expect is that the Including VAT amount displayed is calculated based on the Total.

I have attached a screenshot of the checkout, as well as our Taxes settings.

Can you reproduce that problem on your end, or is there something that can be configured differently?

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by earmaster. Reason: typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
8 years 5 months ago #221340

Hi,

You have the "apply discount" setting that you can change in order to change the behavior of the coupon tax calculation but you also have the "product tax category" setting of the coupon itself.
So I would recommend to try the different combinations so that it works like you want.

8 years 5 months ago #221587

Turning on the "Show detailed taxes" taxes seems to have solved it for flat discounts somehow.
However, I noticed that the "Apply discount before/after taxes" has no effect whatsoever on the VAT amount though. So right now the shown calculations are correct, but it seems that something is not working as exepcted with floating taxes and discounts.

If the coupon is set to percentage, I can't get it to calculate the correct anounts. Changing the "Tax" option for the coupon has no effect.

Is this something you (or other users) can reproduce? We get the same results both on our developer install and on the production site.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by earmaster.

8 years 2 months ago #229560

Hi again,

We're still not able to make a coupon that does what it says, so the feature is pretty useless for us (and our customers) at the moment. We have tried all combinations of options possible, Hikashop always calculates a wrong discount. I am a bit afraid that coupons don't work correctly with floating taxes. Have you had the possibility to test this out at all?

7 years 1 month ago #264286

We still cannot use coupon codes at all! - customers get angry when a 50% coupon only gives them 40% discount - they think we try to cheat.

It is really frustrating that after 15 months you have still not solved this problem. We just upgraded to Hikashop 3.0.1 with the hope that you had solved the problem - unfortunately not.

Example: a €8 product with 25% tax is €10. When I apply a 50% discount (after tax) the final price becomes €6, which is NOT 50% off €10. (looks like it calculated the discount before tax even when I specify it to be after tax).
The central point in this problem is that the advertised price is €10, which is the one the customer cares about. With a 50% coupon in hand, he expect the final price to be €5, but instead it become €6 and he thinks we are cheating.

Please take this problem serious and solve it!

• Thank you received: 611
7 years 1 month ago #264348

Hello,

Can you provide your coupon & tax config screenshot ?
Provide an Url link with user references (if needed) to process some tests, in order to better understand what's going on.

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide important references, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic in your message.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Philip.

7 years 1 month ago #264360

Thank you. We have made an example of the error with a 50% coupon in Hikashop 3.0.1

Product settings:

VAT config:

Cart without coupon:

Cart with 50% coupon:

50% coupon settings:

The coupon value should be 5€ (50% of 10€), not 4,17€. Also the total price should be 5€, not 5,83€.
Somehow, the 20% VAT result (0.83€) seems to be correct, and corresponds to the VAT for the correct values that should have been displayed.

I will contact you via the contact form about URL.

7 years 1 month ago #264392

Hello,

For a reason or another I'm not sure your're not on an HikaShop 3.0.1... Plus, you have to know that the latest build have some fix around this tax subject.

Can you try to update again and check in Components => HikaSHop => Configuration, and in Main tab and in Main part check the version and if needed reinstall from zip file and in Extensions => Manage => Install :

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #264439

Sorry, forget about the link you got by email, it was a mistake. It's our production site, and yes, it runs 2.6.4.
The problem is in 3.0.1. The screenshots we posted are from our internal developer site, and it runs 3.0.1.
Check the last screenshot, it has the version number at the bottom. The problem is identical in both versions.

Our developer server is not accessible from outside at the moment. Would it be possible for you to reproduce the problem on your end by selecting the same VAT and coupon options as those in our screenshots?

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by earmaster.

7 years 1 month ago #264469

Hello,

I reproduce and don't haven't same results, as you can see :

That may be a good news, I test it with last build of HikaShop, and so can you try to re-updated again to see if that solve your issue, please ?
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #264537

Thank you for testing this. We already have 3.0.1, it's the newest build.
Coupons do work with floating taxes turned OFF. The problem is only with floating taxes turned ON.

In your screenshot, have you turned "Floating Tax" ON in the configuration?

7 years 1 month ago #264575

Hello,

Strange, maybe there is someting we can do that can solve your issue and will work with your specific configuration...
Can you try to modify your currency.php (in file YourWebsite\administrator\components\com_hikashop\classes)

Go around line 2315, find this part :

$discount->discount_percent_amount_calculated = $price->price_value_with_tax * $discount->discount_percent_amount_calculated_without_tax / $price->price_value_with_tax;
					} else {
						if(!$floating_tax) 
							$price_value = $price->price_value_with_tax;
						else 
							$price_value = $price->price_value;

$discount->discount_value_without_tax = 
And replace it by this :
			$discount->discount_percent_amount_calculated = $price->price_value_with_tax * $discount->discount_percent_amount_calculated_without_tax / $price->price_value_with_tax;
					} else {
						//if(!$floating_tax) 
							$price_value = $price->price_value_with_tax;
						//else 
						//	$price_value = $price->price_value;

$discount->discount_value_without_tax =

Note that I'd just add '//' in order to comment (or switch off) some php orders on 3 line.
See modification with color :

Awaiting news from you to see if that fit your needs.

Regards

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #264636

Thank you for the suggestion, we will try that and let you know the results asap.

You imply that we have a special configuration and special needs? - but we only turned floating tax on, and then coupons doesn't work.
Did it work for you with floating tax turned ON?

7 years 1 month ago #264646

Hello,

You haven't just Tax float, you add discount after taxes this plus the fact that you want have that a real 50% discount that impact total price WITH tax.
I understand that can be needed, but all this parameters leads together to a very specific case.
Awaiting news from you when you have proceed some tests.

Regards

7 years 1 month ago #264988

Thank you for your answer.
Your previous quickfix hack works and it looks like it will make us running for now.
But please solve this bug in a permanent way so we don't need to make hacks every time we update hikashop and so that others can use the floating tax option too.

Our setup is not so special as you claim. There is no setting that will make coupons work with floating tax!
It doesn't matter if we use discounts before or after tax. The calculation is wrong in both situations.
Example: If we have an item at €8 + €2 tax = €10 including tax. (25% tax)
This is how it should be:
With "discount before tax": 50% * €8 = €4, and after adding 25% tax the final price should be €5, but not in Hikashop
With "discount after tax": 50% * €10 = €5 including tax, but not in Hikashop

The reason to turn on floating tax is that user should see and think prices "including tax".
With a 50% discount coupon the user expects to get 50% off the price he see.

Please solve this bug.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 2 weeks ago #305594

Hello,
any update on this issue?
It's still the same with Hikashop 3.5.1
I use: floating tax prices = yes
Apply coupons : before taxes
But it still calculates the tax with the original price, then uses the discount and the customer sees the wrong tax.
Example:
185,-
includes 20% tax: 30,83
net : 154,16

With discount:
185,- full price
-37,- discount

148,- price
tax: should be 24,66 now- but is still 30,83 like before.

There are no kangaroos in Austria! ;-)
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 2 weeks ago #305611

Hi,

We added patchs to the tax calculations with the "floating tax prices" setting activated in HikaShop 4.0.0:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

We've fixed taxes calculations with coupons using the "Floating tax prices" option.

So I would first recommend you to update to the latest version of HikaShop. It should work much better.

5 years 5 days ago #305930

Hello,
we upgraded to Hikashop 4.0.3
but it still behaves the same ...
attached a screenshot of the cart with discount
but the tax always calculates from full price
Options are: calculate discounts BEFORE taxes

Please advise ... !
Kind Regards, Eva

Attachments:

5 years 1 day ago #305971

Hello,

Can you provide via our Contact us form some frontend/backend access and the product Url and coupon code to process some tests by ourself, and don't forget to add to your message an Url link to this topic.

Awaiting news from you
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Philip.

4 years 11 months ago #306025

already sent the login information !

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds