• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #256022

-- url of the page with the problem -- : fearlessrider.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF / Chrome - updated

I've spent some time researching and cannot find how I can setup a discount so no shipping is charged for a specific time-frame. Is there any functionality in HikaShop that can do this without having to install a third party application such as AWOCoupon?

If this is not feasible with HikaShop Business, it would be good to have a shipping discount by percentage in the discount feature as some businesses do offer free and discounted shipping for specific time based events.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 4 months ago #256051

Hello,
The solution will either be to :
- Directly set the price of your shipping methods to 0

OR to

- Create an auto loaded coupon by setting the "Auto load in cart if possible" option of your coupon to YES (if you want it to be auto loaded without having to manually add your coupon code)

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #256097

Mohamed,

Thanks for the response but this is just a temporary fix as it is simply changing the pricing and is not time based. Also, if you forget the shipping price, it can cause issues so I just decided to disable the shipping method late last night and will re-enable it late tonight. Honestly, a shipping discount setting in the discount record would resolve a lot of issues as quite a few shops offer free shipping during special sale periods.

Also, auto-loading a coupon is great BUT you still can have it to offset or remove the shipping costs so that wouldn't work.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds