Batch coupon generation

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 7 months ago #277182

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5

Hello,

I need to easily generate 500 coupons with specific value and validity. I tried to search the forum, and I found advices to asu Coupon generator in HikaSerial. I trierd this but I am not able to make this work. So far I
- specified template coupon, unpublish it
- specified generator Coupon generator, assigned template coupon to it
- specified pack with newly created generator, didn't assign to any product

Now, what to do next, how to batch create serials? I cannot use Acymailing as I do not want to send soupons by mail, I just want to print it and give to people. If I tried to insert or import in backend, first I have to specify the code, so the generator will not generate the code for me, second, it does not generate the coupon (see demo site). What I woul expect is some screen, where I just select pack, enter number of coupons, and it will generate for example 500 serials and coupons.

Am I missing something, or is this not possible?

Pavel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
6 years 7 months ago #277207

Hi,

The coupon generator is to generate a coupon when someone purchase the product on your shop.
I don't think that there is any method to automatically batch generate the coupon codes with HikaSerial.

There is indeed the possibility to use the integration with AcyMailing for that, but I don't recommend it either.

There are two possible ways that I would recommend:
- You can export the table "hikashop_discount" as a CSV via your PHPMyAdmin.
Open the CSV with Excel, generate all the rows with the functions of Excel to duplicate them dynamically.
Import back the CSV in your PHPMyAdmin to get all the couponds.
- You could look at using AWOCoupon for your coupons: awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon
It works with HikaShop and can also import coupon code CSV files but this time directly through their interface.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 7 months ago #277542

Hi,

finally I used direct SQl import. It is quite uncomfortable, as you need to generate the codes itself somehow, and after run SQL inserts. Would be great to have some kind of this functionality directly in Hikashop, as I think, this is very common promotional step.

Thanks for consideration of this.

Pavel

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277543

Hello,

In fact, Nicolas forgot about a little feature in HikaSerial : the "generate" feature in the packs.
When you edit a pack, you can find a "generate" button in the toolbar which allow you to use the assigned generator (of the current pack) to create serials (for that pack).
And if you're using a coupon generator, it will create the serials and the according coupons (using the coupon template).
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/117-pack-edition.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds