Discounts on Shipping?

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 7 months ago #277959

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Latest

Hey Guys,

So I understand how to use and create Coupons and Discounts, however, I have been trying to figure out if this feature can be used to offer "Free Shipping"? I know that you can add the Free Shipping / Manual Shipping Plugin, (which is what I have been using for my tests) but that then would allow anyone to be able to choose that option for shipping and that is not desired. I currently use the USPS Shipping Module and the Stripe Plugin for payment.

I also wanted to know if there is a way to to set a Coupon / Discount for a Specific Customer Only, there by eliminating the ability for someone to share a coupon. Yes, I can set a quota on a coupon, but for example, I have a customer who actually resells for me, so on all his purchases he get a discounted rate on everything, setting a quota won't work because I would need to update the coupon continually, but at the same time, if he wanted to he could give that coupon to someone else, and I don't want the coupon to work if the coupon code is given to someone else.

It seems that this is the only feature I can not find on the Discount / Coupon option (well that and allowing the option to create a free shipping coupon for a customer.

I was unable to find anything about this in the documentation nor here in the forums.

Cheers,

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277960

Hello,

1 - www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/21790-free-shipping-coupon.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...shipping-coupon.html

2 - www.hikashop.com/forum/discount-coupon/8...nts-on-products.html

3 - Using the ACL ; you can provide payment or shipping methods only for some specific Joomla user groups, so to some specific users.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #278040

I will read over those documents for sure. I sat for a long time and did searches for that topic and was unable to come up with those, so thank you for pointing them out.

I will let you know if I run into any questions, however, I will say that I am not comfortable with the use of and the understanding of ACL. So before I do anything regarding that, please can you clarify one thing for me? If I make anychanges to the ACL using my Super User Account, does it only affect just my website, user groups, and customers?

I am asking because I am just a website owner of a site on a server which support multiple customers and websites. I do not want to risk affecting any other customers, users, or sites.

I know you can easily send me to another document, but I just need that clarification. I don't want to risk affecting any things else on these servers, and as you are aware I am not the webmaster nor a developer, and my webmaster is 12 hours different from me, so I have to be able to get these answers with out waiting that 12 hours, there are some other reasons that I can not mention that also have me having to get these answers with only your support and the documentation i can find.

Thank you Jerome!

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 7 months ago #278071

Hi,

Here we're talking about the ACL settings in Joomla/HikaShop. It's a completely different system than the ACLs in place on your server.
So changing the ACL settings in Joomla/HikaShop won't affect the other websites on the server.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dardwizzle

6 years 7 months ago #278099

Thanks for clarifying that Nicolas! Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds