Please Add More Sub-categories to Module

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 4 months ago #131614

I have read many post requesting for more sub-categories added to the "Categories on 2 levels" module. I would LOVE it if you guys can add more sub-categories to this module. Most shops have many sub-categories - so this would be very beneficial and you would make a lot of us very happy - I mean more happy :) :)

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 4 months ago #131623

Thank you for your feedback. We don't plan on doing it on the short term as there are already several solutions for that (other accordion modules for hikashop or normal joomla menu modules).

• Hikashop Business
10 years 4 months ago #131629

OK :(

From your professional experience which module(s) would you recommend to use to do this?

Thanks!!

10 years 4 months ago #131632

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #135627

Thank you!!

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #135631

I am using the menu you suggested but have a little issue now that it can drill down to more sub-categories and I am not sure how to get rid of.

I have the main category "Women" then in that category I have a sub-category "Shoes" and in that sub-category I have some sub-categories.

When I click on the sub-category "Shoes" all the sub-categories are showing above the products and I don't want that. How can I prevent that please?

Thank you!!

10 years 3 months ago #135676

I guess that you should direct to a products listing menu item instead of a categories listing menu in your module in such case. But I don't know if it's possible and if so how. You should ask the support of the module you purchased as they know their module better than us.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #135811

I am thinking that this doesn't have anything to do with "Skyline Nested Accordion For HikaShop" module because the menu that I am using, I use two different menus, is not theirs.

The menu I created is a Joomla menu type "HikaShop » Categories listing".

When I click on the main category, for example, "Women", it shows the sub-categories of that category which is what I want. But if I click on any of the sub-categories it shows the subcategories above the listing.

If you take a quick peak you will get a better understanding of what I am trying to explain. It is the horizontal menu at the top.

I sent the URL privately. Thank you!!

10 years 3 months ago #135813

I don't see the problem with your display. It's normal that you see the sub categories there since there are sub categories.
If you want a products listing, then use a products listing menu item and when you click on your top links you'll only get a listing of the products in these top categories.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #135814

So are you saying that because the main menu, eg: clothing, is a "Categories listing" type, that means anything below that will be categories listing?

I was hoping that the main categories (Clothing, Shoes, Handbags & Wallets ) would be "categories listing" and the sub-categories would just show the products...

As you can see it doesn't look good with all the subcategories at the top as they are so many :(

10 years 3 months ago #135816

That's indeed the case. It's a category listing, so it's displaying the categories (and of course the products too).
That's how everyone else expect the categories listings to work in fact. It would be strange to not be able to display additional levels of categories at all.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #135973

I understand where you are coming from but I guess some senarios may require something different. I am not sure if you took a look at the page but I think the subcategories at the top in this case is not necessary especially because I already have them on the right - so this is the reason for wanting to remove them.

I was hoping that the subcategories would have a different CLASS as you drill down but they use the same class.

.hikashop_subcategories_listing
.hikashop_subcategories

Is there a way that I can give them a different class and which file would I make the change in if it's possible? My goal is to try and hide the sub-categories on the 2nd level as per my previous post.

Thank you in advance!!

10 years 3 months ago #135975

The CSS classes and ids will be the same regardless of the level of the categories you're displaying.
It you would like to remove their display based on the level you're in, it would require to customize the file "listing_div" of the view "category" via the menu Display->Views.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #135979

Ok... if it's not too much trouble or too much work can you give me a hand :pinch:

10 years 3 months ago #135982

Something like that:

<?php if($_GET['cid']==18) return; ?>
so if the current category has the id 18, we skip the display of the category listing.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #135986

... if the current category has the id 18, we skip the display of the category listing.
<?php if($_GET==18) return; ?>

I went to Display > Views > Category > listing_div

I add the code below and the ID for the category "Clothing" which is (17) but all the sub-categories are still showing.
<?php if($_GET['cid']==17) return; ?>

I may have totally misunderstood you.

Thanks!!

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago #136052

Hi,
Did you add it at the beginning of the "listing_div" file of the "category" view of your front-template ? Also, note that your shoes ID is 18, so as Nicolas said, you should add this code at the beginning of your "listing_div" file :

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #136057

Hi,

I didn't realize that I needed to put it at the very top of the file. I moved it to the top and it worked.

I have several categories that I want to hide though how can I add the other categories to the code? For example, I want to hide the sub-categories in Clothing (ID 17), Shoes (ID 18), and Handbags (ID 19).

Thank you very much!

10 years 3 months ago #136136

Then add several times that code, once for each category.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 3 months ago #136141

Oh ok. I thought of that but thought maybe there was a simpler way. Something like:
<?php if($_GET==18 OR 19 OR 20) return; ?> :)

Thank you very much for your help!!

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds