Integrate Hikashop with subscriptions

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 10 months ago #239370

Hi,

Some people might be able to help you here, but if you need a developer to help you, you'll get more answers I guess if you contact our partners: www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

Regarding Akeeba susbcriptions install packages, generating them out of the github repository is possible within a few hours for a developer or someone motivated which would download the necessary software (phing, pear, php, git, etc) and set it up properly.
If you need older versions of the install packages, here is the one for the 3.3.4 core dl.free.fr/jry2QquBK and the pro dl.free.fr/jdmoL0bJq

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 35
7 years 10 months ago #239420

Hi nicolas,
as always really many thanks for support, then:

Partners - many thanks for the link, if nobody will help us here, before to contact HS partners, we will contact the developer helped us in past. We would like to be helped on:
- help and share with us testing before / after
- keep free the plugin, in other case we will see (depending on costs)...

Akeeba Subscription - Thank you, the last install package we downloaded is the 5.0.4 on 23 january 2016 (after the 3.3.4 release the package "core" has been erased and the "Pro" renamed into a unique simply "Akeeba Subscription"). Unfortunately we didn't knew before that from march 2016 the package would be removed from the download section.

Having zero experience on it, for us the most difficult is to have the last Akeeba Subscriptions install package (PHP 7) generating it out of the github repository. Can anyone help us on that ?

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by joomleb.

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 10 months ago #239423

Nicolas - I'm confused. Is Hikashop planning do add something related to subscriptions to the HS package (or as an additional add-on/package)?

Joomleb - I'm glad you're willing to keep development going with the AkeebaSubs integration; however, for larger commercial sites, using an extension that is no longer receiving any support (like AkeebaSubs) is not a viable option. It's almost worse than just going with a custom coded solution - because you don't get support AND you know know where Nicolas is going to take it next. He could just ditch it and switch to some other system and kill AkeebaSubs completely.

Nicolas - if we could develop a VERY BASIC subscription component that works specifically with HikaShop (And AcyMailing for all email notifications) would you be interested in us donating it back to the HS project for the long-term maintenance? (I'm not asking for a commitment, just wondering if you'd be interested in taking a look at it when/if we get it done).

7 years 10 months ago #239431

Hi,

We didn't start such development for now. We have worked on specifications for such extension in the past, but since there are alternatives available, we didn't move forward with it.

We would be happy to look at it and see if we can do something with it. It's however complex to maintain something you didn't develop yourself. We've done it for several payment plugins in the past and the result wasn't really good. So I don't know what will happen. If it's done properly, and stays small (just add/remove user groups and notifications without hacks) it could be a nice little extension we could offer on the website.

7 years 4 months ago #256123

Hi guys,
nobody answered to us, so:

A - @Hika Team: Do you have any news about "Hika Subscription" feature ?
B - So, in case there is no news and we'll have to update the second Akeeba Subscriptions plugin we repeat the two + 1 questions:
1 - Do anyone can help us on have the last 5.2.x updated Akeeba Subscription installable ZIP packages ?
2 - Do anyone can help us on making the corrections / upgrade to our second Akeeba Subscriptions plugin ?
3 - @Hika Team: Please, Do you have any special instructions / suggestions to have it working with HikaShop 3.x ?

Many Thanks to all for help on having a free, valid, full integrated HikaShop Subscription feature... waiting the Hika Team solution

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by joomleb.

7 years 4 months ago #256171

Hi,

A As you already know, we've been quite busy with the huge work on HikaShop 3.0 since a year ago. So we didn't had time to move forward as much as we wanted on other projects. It's still something we want to do but you won't see anything before several months at least.

B 1.2. We can't help on that.

3. I've reviewed your code and the only changes I see are for the function :

onBeforeCartUpdate(&$cartClass,&$cart,$product_id,$quantity,$add,$type,$resetCartWhenUpdate,$force,&$do)
You would have to use instead:
onBeforeCartSave(&$element, &$do)
and then, instead of using directly $product_id, you would have to add a foreach $element->cart_products to do your processing on all the new products by comparing them with the ones already in the cart (or doing it on all of them).
The rest of the plugin should be the same. So with that in mind, any PHP developer should be able to do that.

7 years 4 months ago #256183

Hi Nicolas,
really many thanks for suggestion, I'll keep you updated on the plugin upgrading...

HikaShop 3.0 Alpha is been released on 13 october 2016
Do you have a release date of next (beta I suppouse) release to be able to do the plugin tests ?

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 4 months ago #256184

Hi,

The actual plan for the beta is next week.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #259280

Any further word or details on this Subscriptions implementation yet? I'm working on my own strategy for an "X of the month" process using existing Hika features and a custom plugin, but this sounds like it could be a viable replacement.

Thanks.

7 years 2 months ago #259302

Hi icomex,
as you can read here we are working on plugin upgrade, if you want contribute with a donation and/or with point 1, Please, let me know...

Many Thanks !

7 years 2 months ago #259288

A subscription feature directly in HikaShop or with an extension developed by us is not something you'll see in the short term.
We've been working on HikaShop 3 for more than a year now so we didn't had the time to work on something else and even if we started something tomorrow it would still take several months.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
6 years 11 months ago #267118

Joomleb,

Basically, I have just two products. A Children and No Children program product. Depending on which one they have purchased, they gain access to specific pages on the website. This is working fine with the only issue is the removal of the customer from a group after a certain # of days. We do not need the Akeeba Subscriptions to do any authorization as that is already handled via the HikaShop product checkout. After 60 days, we simply want the customer removed from that group. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I'm following the documentation at https://github.com/akeeba/akeebasubs/releaseshttp://www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/109-akeeba-subscriptions.html .

I've downloaded and installed the pkg_akeebasubs-5.2.2 via Github at https://github.com/akeeba/akeebasubs/releaseshttps://github.com/akeeba/akeebasubs/releases

I've downloaded and installed the akeebas.zip from https://github.com/akeeba/akeebasubs/releaseshttps://github.com/akeeba/akeebasubs/releases .

• I've enabled the Hikashop Akeeba Subscription Plugin Integration plug-in.
  • I've enabled the Akeeba Subscriptions - Administrator Emails plug-in.
  • I've enabled the Akeeba Subscription Payment - PayPal plug-in. (probably not necessary as the shopping cart is already setup and working with the Authorize.net plugin and there will be no need for recurring subscriptions/payments.).
  • I've enabled the Content - Akeeba Subscriptions Timed Release plug-in.
  • I've added two Subscription Levels Groups - Children and No Children
  • I've added two Subscription Levels - Children (linked to Children Level Group) and No Children (linked to No Children Level Group). FYI, these are the same User Access Level Groups which have been set for each one.

However, I do not see any type of subscription level under the "RESTRICTIONS AND DIMENSIONS" section of the product page. So I am basically stuck as to what I need to do in order to let Akeeba Subscription just handle the removal of the customer from the User Group once the # of days has been exceeded.

Any suggestions?

6 years 11 months ago #267125

Hi,

If you don't see that subscription level setting in your products it means that either the hikashop akeeba subscription plugin is deactivated, the file libraries/fof/include.php is missing, or there are no levels configured in akeeba subscription. That's all I can think of.

PS: On a side note, you'll be happy to hear that, with HikaShop 3 being now completely stable, the development of HikaSubscription has started on our end. We hope to have something ready in a few months.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nunonog

6 years 11 months ago #267220

Nicolas,

Good to hear you are bringing it back.

This has worked very well. I set the subscription level to one day, ordered the linked product and checked out. It added the client to the group upon order confirmation. When the one day expired, it removed the client from the group. Viola!

I'm glad I saw that link to the Subscriptions page. :)

6 years 11 months ago #268282

nicolas wrote: PS: On a side note, you'll be happy to hear that, with HikaShop 3 being now completely stable, the development of HikaSubscription has started on our end. We hope to have something ready in a few months.

Hi Nicolas,
finalizing 2 projects that need Subscription, Please,
- Can you give us more informations about deatures ?
- Can you give us more informations about release date ?
- How to have it as soon as possible ? (in its first simple basic feature releasing)
- Can we help in any way ?
- We are ready to be tester

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
6 years 11 months ago #268320

Hi,
I'd upgrade as soon as this feature is available.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #268322

Hello,

Thank you for your interest about HikaSubscription.

That component will be an upgrade of HikaSerial.
I clearly don't know what to say about the features except that it will be a subscription component ; I prefer not to talk about features which are not completed or features that I'm not sure they will be available in the first release.
Because the development have a big part of "research", I'm not able to give any release date ; all I can say is that it's still under development and we will need to do some research around the recurring and maybe modify some parts in the HikaShop core for improvements.
But because it will use the HikaSerial core ; the component will be plugin oriented and very flexible.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 11 months ago #268335

Hi Jerome,
many thanks for your info and explanation, I understand you. Anyway what I mean was know how we'll can see (use, try) something, the first step, the very basic one as suggested from cpaschen:

cpaschen wrote: I ...The thing that is not available in the market now is the VERY basic - add to a user group (which HS does) and then remove from the user group after x days. You don't need to worry about notifying the users because you can do that with Acymailing (and possibly with other mailers). And for several enterprise markets (some of which my clients are in) they don't (or can't) use auto bill...

Since HikaShop can already add user groups to customers automatically (what it can't do is remove the user groups for customers after a certain period, when the subscription expires) and thinking HikaSubscription will be integrated/compatible with "this HikaShop feature", we are thinking to do it manually for few months...

6 years 11 months ago #268340

Jerome,

I would recommend (or request) that the option be provided to remove an individual from a User Group when a subscription expires. That may already be in the works but just wanted to pass it along.

• Thank you received: 10
6 years 11 months ago #268371

What would also be very cool would be if adding/removing people from a group would be extended to for e.g. Easy Social Groups. I have no idea if the same logic would apply to Community Builder and or Jomsocial. Just saying. :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds