Badge display for variants and new products

• Thank you received: 7
5 years 5 months ago #300345

Feature request:

It would be very useful if the badge display mechanism could be selected to work on variants and also to have an automatic display of a badge on new products - so on this page the last four variants are new and it would be nice to be able to badge them as such.

Thanks,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 5 months ago #300389

Hello,

First, you have to know that there are some specialized Joomla plugin to manage Badges though many options.
And at the other hand, you can understand that our main domain is E-commerce process and that already bring many settings to manage and design, and at the same time we have to keep HikaShop simple & handy.

regards

• Thank you received: 7
5 years 5 months ago #300401

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your not really helpful at all answer.

Regards,

Ian

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 5 months ago #300405

Hi,

It seems Philip didn't understand what you want.

Adding the possibility to display the badges for the images on the variants list mode is something we could add in the future.
Also, having the badges automatically added based on whether the product is new or not is a good idea. For now, the only solution is to create a "new products" category, add the category to your "new product" badge and add that category to the new products manually and remove it manually. This can possibly be automated with mass actions.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 4 days ago #305918

Hello,
I was looking for this answer as well. I think this would be a great option to have.

I would say allow a timestamp to be created once the product is published. Allowing an editable field for the timestamp itself, could work perhaps? So options could be "[x] Days, [x] weeks, etc.

I do think that something like this would be a great hit for many. Personally, I would be willing to pay a little more for a plugin or the option itself.

Thank you,
:)

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 4 days ago #305924

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. It's noted on our end. We'll look at adding something for that.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 3 days ago #305933

Thank you so much! I am still learning my way around HikaShop. So for my first post regarding this, thank you for the reply! I have a few ideas and suggestions so far, so you may end up hating me soon.

I will say out of the number of components I have used, including our own in-house, this is really nice. So far, the footprint is fairly low, and the capabilities seem to be quite nice.

I hope we can get a few more things in that focus more on digital markets, as these are becoming more popular. Thank you for the response again. Looking forward to moving ahead with this.

:)

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds