Suggestions for future enhancements

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #720

1. Allow the Joomla username to work in addition to http://www.hikashop.com?partner_id=165 such as www.hikashop.com/username or http://www.hikashop.com?username if the first option isn't doable.

2. Allow money earned as an affiliate to be able to be used in the store as credit. In other words, if you earn $10 as an affiliate, you can use that $10 in the store rather than taking the money as cash.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 5 months ago #721

Hi,

1/ The partner_id parameter can and will be used on other links than on a HikaShop component page. Which mean that we can't just tweak the SEF router file in HikaShop in order to accomplish that. It needs to be done as others SEF extensions. Basically, build a URL parsing plugin for just that. I feel it would be much more suitedfor a SEF extension to handle that since its their role. If I'm correct, sh404SEF has specific options for Virtuemart to allow some special SEF on VM URLs.

2/ That's an interesting idea. Could you tell us more how you see it ? How the user should be able to use his credit ? I'm thinking of a special view in the checkout workflow which would display the user his affiliate earnings and a field and a button to set how much he would like to use on the order.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #723

Thanks for the reply! You're right, #1 is more of an SEF issue. I'll look into other options for that.

As for my ideas for #2, I was thinking the affiliate would have a sort of "bank" where their money would sit. They could either use it to buy stuff on the site, or cash it out monthly. It would have a ledger of transactions, like:

Affiliate reward for John Doe ....... $10
Affiliate reward for Jane Doe ....... $15
Purchase of Product #1 .............. ($5)

Total ............................... $20

I dunno, just a thought. Thanks for your consideration!

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds