Variants Bugs.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #1243

In my test shop i have set up two products with two variants each. They are "Camisa Roja" and "Camisa verde".

Those are the issues related:

- If click on those products, all the page modules jump from the left side to the main page (¿?¿?).
- "Camisa verde" displays a dropdown to select the variants. If you try to change it, with every change the page layout is altered again in other ways.
- "Camisa roja" also have variants in its configuration, but displays no dropdown. The only difference with "Camisa verde" is that it has a price range defined in the general product fields (no price defined in variants ones).
- On the listing of products, first i select the category of the products with variants. After that, if I change the filter on the right to display variants, i get no result (that´s why I wrote my former post, because i believed that nothing was suppossed to be displayed).

URL: shoptest.avaray.com

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Avaray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 4 months ago #1244

That's a problem we found earlier this week because of a div missing with you have variants on a product without images displayed. Please change the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php with the file in the package on this post: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/3-bug-rep...179.html?lang=en#948
That's already fixed in the latest version available but if you update you will losose the changes you made yesterday and today on other bugs.

For camisa roja, are you sure that the variants are published ?

- yes that's because variants are not directly linked to the categories. You should stay on the main category, select variants and all sub elements. Then you can search for the name/code of the variants.

13 years 4 months ago #1249

That file fixed the bug. Many thanks.

Camisa Roja had its variants published and still didn´t work. After deleting a recreating with the same parameters, started to work. Fascinating. :D

About listing products: i followed your recommendations and no matter what category is selected, they are not displayed.

By the other way, I think that should be great that variants were linked to category; categories are necessary to manage products and variants are not other thing that products... maybe i´ll start to understand why they are the way they are when variants backend listing works...

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Avaray.

13 years 4 months ago #1251

You're right the variants are only displayed on the listing when they are created via the import function, that's why I thought that you could see them on the main listing.
Anyway, You're right about that listing. I improved it so that you can now see the variants in categories (the system now uses the main product categories as reference for variants). We'll publish the modification along in the next release in the beginning of the week. In the mean time you can replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php by the file in the package enclosed in this post to get the modification.

File Attachment:

File Name: view.zip
File Size:6 KB

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #1254

Thanks. It´s working nice now.

Now, i am thinking on an improvement... when you create variants, those "subproducts" are named with a name constructed from the parent product name followed by a random number. Wouldn´t far more better that rather than a random number they were followed by the characteristies values? It obvious for inventary purposes that the random number is unuseful, at least it´s my point.

13 years 4 months ago #1255

Currently, the number after is the id of the characteristic value. The goal was to be sure the product code was unique and also to be able to be able to process automatically the variants when the user add or remove a characteristic based on those ids. The value can be changed by the user, but not the id. The number isn't random but indeed, it has no meaning for the user. We could indeed use the value itself but that would also mean that the value would have to be in english which won't be the case for all users. Or we could try a mix of both... Not sure yet about that modification and the implications.

13 years 4 months ago #1256

Ok, let me know when you took a decision.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds