hikashop bug with SEO

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #1946

Search Engine Friendly URLs -> Enabled
Use Apache mod_rewrite -> Enabled
Add a product to cart, and remove it from cart.

I'm redirected to /product-category/category/listing but I should be redirected to /product-category. Products not displayed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 4 months ago #1952

This is a default redirection URL when the cart is empty.
If you need the system to redirect to another page, you should set it in the configuration under the tab display in the option called "URL where to redirect when the cart is empty"

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 4 months ago #2604

just a quick question , but is this supposed to be the format for the seo url's from hikashop?

/component/hikashop/product/show/cid-8/name-ecoya-medium-pillar/category_pathway-0.html

you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.

13 years 4 months ago #2605

Yes, that's it.

13 years 4 months ago #2606

perhaps i need joomSEF or 404 in this case as it seems a little bit long... lol

also , probably asked a thousand times before but how do I enable the similar products thing that goes at the bottom of the current viewed product?

Cheers.

13 years 4 months ago #2607

I know JoomSEF built a plugin for HikaShop and we have the sef file for 404 directly in HikaShop so you shouldn't have problems using them.

In each product, you can add related products on the back end. Then, you can go to Display->Views and create a new module. Set it to be synchronized and to display related products on the product page. Then, go the configuration, under the tab display and for the option "modules on the product page" you can add that moduel you just created. Then, you should see it under the product page when you have products related to the main product displayed.

13 years 4 months ago #2664

thanks mate , you're a legend. I can see that Iam not the only one that 'Burns the Midnight Oil' lol. thank you.
ps:midnight oil as in up all night lol

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #6222

I purchased JoomSEF and have been having problems with it. To date I have not been able to get it to work on our Hikashop product pages. I have searched Artio'site and have not found a plugin for Hikashop. This being the case, I was thinking of switching to sh404SEF. I read that you have the sef file sh404SEF directly in Hikashop so it should work. Is this indeed the case?

13 years 2 months ago #6227

There is indeed a SEF file in hikashop for sh404SEF and the standard joomla SEF.
AceSEF also propose a plugin for HikaShop but not joomSEF (at least not yet). You could also try to ask them, they might do it...

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds