Trying to add product gives Fatal Error

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #5937

Hello,
I am running Joomla 1.5.21 with the latest version of HikaShop as of 1/24/2011. I am in testing phases and everything appeared to work until the minute I tried to add a product. It doesn't matter what I do (or don't do) on the add new product page, as soon as I hit apply I get the following error:

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /hsphere/local/home/user/company.com/sites/x1/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 205

I have searched the web and these forums to which I cannot find a similar issue. The only thing I can think of is that I am running on an older version of PHP (currently PHP 4.4.9). I can upgrade my PHP to the latest and greatest, but before I do that, will that even fix this issue or is there something else that I can do to remedy this issue.

Keep in mind I can add categories all day long and upload pics with them, just adding new products spits out that error above.

Any clues to what the hell I'm not doing right would be very helpful. I'd be glad to recieve my "dumbass" card if someone can help me resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #5943

Hi,

That's indeed a new problem to us. I couldn't reproduce it on our end.

Could you edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php and try to replace the code:

$ok = $this->_checkOneInput($fields,@$formData[$type],$data,$type,$oldData);
by the code:
if(!isset($formData[$type])){
				$formData[$type]='';
			}
			$ok = $this->_checkOneInput($fields,$formData[$type],$data,$type,$oldData);
and try again ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8560

Ok sorry for such a long time responding. After I added that to the file, it appears that on the backend, it lets me add it now without fatal error, but now when I go to the site and follow the links to the category I put it under, it does not display. For example on the back side I tell it for catgories to Products -> Category 1 and my product shows everything right, but on the site it self it should show up when I navigate to the same location.....but it does not. Can you please help me figure out why this is?

Thanks

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Super000.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #8562

That's because you use an old version of HikaShop and you need to create an associated module for your menu. The easiest for you will be to update to the latest version and recreate your menu after that.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds