pre-sale questions - magic toolbox & discounts

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 weeks ago #11520

My client has asked for a Magic Toolbox type feature on her website (the zoom and magnify) and while it is possible to achieve using the current script, it is awfully messy and temperamental and I thought I'd better look for a new shopping cart program. So, can HikaShop run the Magic Toolbox scripts?

Next, her current shop has discounts and specials on old stock. I can't see anywhere that this is catered for - I need the old price/new price setup ... discounted to ... or the old price crossed out. Presumably that is included?

Next, the items on special are often only some items out of the total, ie available in red for S, M, L and green for S only and purple for S, L, XL. It takes me forever to reset the options for each product to all the variations given that the original options would have been color and size. Do you have an easy way to handle this?

I know you expect me to download the trial version and see for myself but I would appreciate some advance advice in case it doesn't suit my purpose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 4 weeks ago #11531

Hi,

You can use the magix toolbox module for joomla and include the module in your products description using the loadposition plugin of joomla :
www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoom/modules/joomla/

You can have discounts via the menu Components->HikaShop->Discounts. You can select how to display them via the price display options in the config and then in the hikashop options of the menus and modules you will create.

I'm not sure I understand ? You're asking if it's possible to have characteristics/variants on your products like size and color ?

13 years 4 weeks ago #11536

Thanks, I'll see what I can do with the Magic Toolbox.

Each product has a different set of colours and a standard set of sizes and sometimes another option such as long sleeves or short sleeves. They are not the same colours for every product. Each time the colours are different. Product A might be red, green & blue. Product B might be yellow/orange, red/orange & blue/green. It looks like you have a very convoluted process to set up these options.

To add to the complications, after the product has been online for a few months, some of the sizes and colours are sold out. It is a real problem at the moment for me to alter the options to cater for the reduced availability of sizes and/or colours and/or other options. From what I can see, your shopping cart back end is making this even more difficult to set up than my current arrangement. I'm just hoping I am wrong and you have a clever way to organise this.

13 years 4 weeks ago #11537

First, you need to create your characteristics and their possible values via the menu Products->Characteristics.
Then, when you create a product, you can add the necessary characteristics. Then, you can manage the variants automatically created via the button "manage variants". You will be able to unpublish the ones you don't need quite easily in one click. You can also set the quantity for each variant. Then, when users buy your products, the quantity is removed from the stock automatically so you don't need to change the quantity. Once the variants quantity reachs 0 the product cannot be bought anymore. You can easily see all your products/variants stock via the products listing. You can select to display all the products via the filter on the top right and then order by quantity, allowing you to quickly see which product or variant needs to be replenished.

13 years 4 weeks ago #11538

Okay, if all the "red" shirts in small are sold out but still available in M, L and XL what happens if a user selects "red" and then selects "small"?

13 years 4 weeks ago #11549

The "add to cart" button won't be displayed and instead you will get a "out of stock" message displayed. You can look at that page for an example: demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ow&Itemid=57&lang=en

Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by nicolas.

13 years 3 weeks ago #11641

What is the username and password for that page?

13 years 3 weeks ago #11647

Sorry, I gave you the link to the master demo website which is only available to our staff. I fixed the link and it should not require any password.

13 years 3 weeks ago #11651

Thank you Nicolas, I had already found that page. My question was really asking about a more complicated scenario - a shirt that has 6 sizes, 10 colours, and another option such as short or long sleeves - the combinations required to allocate numbers just seems to be so time consuming - and the stock is disappearing off the shelves in the real shop faster than it is from the internet shop! In other shopping carts it is necessary to individually set up each combination. You'll be pleased to know that I finally downloaded Hikashop and set it up in my Xampp folder - and then created a sample product. What you didn't explain was that the combinations are created automatically by the system unlike the manual procedures required by every other shop I've tried.
So, thank you for bearing with me - it looks like it will suit my needs just fine!
:cheer:

13 years 3 weeks ago #11655

I'm glad you found that out. Have fun with HikaShop :)

PS: I said it in a previous message:

Then, you can manage the variants automatically created via the button "manage variants"

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds