About the payment process ...

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 weeks ago #13179

I've got a question :

If during final checkout a customer choose for his payment the paypal option and then proceed .. he is redirecting to the paypal website. But if he stops there and doesn't pay ... he does receive an email for his order ... of course the order is not validated but he still receives this email (I guess the email is sent as soon as he is clicking on 'proceed'..

Would it be possible that the customer receives a different email if the payment is not done ? or somewhere it could be given him the opportunity to do so .. because if he left paypal for whatever reason he can't go back there ... the order is created in the database and will never be used ...

Can we do that ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 weeks ago #13194

Hi,

The order creation email is sent as soon as the checkout process is finished and that the order is created on the website, before redirecting to paypal for the payment.
In the commercial versions of HiakShop, you can activate the option "Payment of orders not paid immediately" in the config under the tab checkout in order to allow users to pay later an order. You will be able to create a menu to the listing of orders via the joomla menu manager and then the user will be able to return to paypal in one click.

13 years 1 week ago #13289

But can we make different emails for customers who didn't go throught the all process ?
or maybe after a fews days ... an email would be sent automatically to remind them they've got an ongoing order ?

About the fact that users would be able to go back to paypal .. is it possible in both commercial evrsions essential and buisness ? or only in buisness ? and still about this function is it from the ongoing orders cpanel ?

The most important thing about me is :

WOuld it be possible to send this email only when the payment is made ...?

Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by ouebagency.

13 years 1 week ago #13323

Using our integration with acymailing enterprise, you should be able to send an automatic email few days after an order as been made if the order is not confirmed using the automatic filters feature of acymailing.

Is it indeed available in both hikashop essential and hikashop business. Users can access it once logged in either via a link to the user control panel or via a link to the orders listing.
For example, in the demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...el&Itemid=60&lang=en
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ng&Itemid=62&lang=en

When the payment is made, a second email is sent to the user telling them that their order is complete. If you don't want to send the order creation email, you can add the line below to the email (when you edit it via the menu System->Emails):
$data->customer->user_email = '';
The order status notification (after payment) doesn't contain all the information of the order like the order creation email though.

13 years 1 week ago #13519

Hi Nicolas

Just wanted to inform you that many users requested the following when using Virtuermart. I do not like the idea, but that is entirely up to you to see what you want to do with it.

What many users requested, and what was not possible in VM (not without hacks), was that there would be NO email sent when there was no payment/order status not changed to confirmed. Almost as if they did not want to know about a new order if it was not payed.

I don't agree with that feature request, but I am just telling you as you might consider it for Hikashop.

Regards
David

iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts

13 years 1 week ago #13549

Yes, in hikashop you can edit the order creation email and just do the modification above to remove the order creation email and just have the order confirmation email.

We are thinking of adding an option for that in next version as a lot of users requested that already.

13 years 2 days ago #14424

Hi.
I definitely don't want an email sent out when the order is created, just when the payment is finalized.

In testing, it sends out an email with the subject "Your order No. xxx is now confirmed" and in the subject it says, we are pleased to confirm the creation of your order no . . . x .x x. x. blah, blah

I do not want this email sent out. I think it is confusing and I can only imagine all the emails I will receive from people that bail from the shopping cart.

I do have the business edition, so maybe if I use the "Pay later" option, will they receive the email?

I tried the code mentioned in the posts: $data->customer->user_email = ''; and I put it at the bottom of the creation email, but I still get the emails.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

13 years 2 days ago #14431

That modification does work to remove the order creation notification. If it doesn't on your end, it means that you didn't do it at the good place.
Could you do a screenshot ?

13 years 1 day ago #14468

Thanks for your help.

I probably made a silly error. I simply put the code at the bottom of the creation email. I was probably supposed to change something else . . . .

Attachments:

13 years 19 hours ago #14481

Yes, you need to put the code inside <?php and ?> tags. Otherwise, the code is not interpreted but displayed in the text version of the email.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds