• Thank you received: 2
9 years 1 month ago #192389

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Not browser specific
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error

Hi,
I have started to set up a new shop who wants to have a product filtering function almost identic to this site (they sell the same products):
shop.sf-filter.ch/mobilefilterselect.asp...M&Titel=Baumaschinen
I have been asking this a few weeks ago and been told it was possible with custom fields.
My simple question is how?
Is there anyone who can guide me a bit forward in order to solve it.

Thanks
Micke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
9 years 1 month ago #192485

Hi,

You create three custom product field of the type dropdown via the menu Display>Custom fields and then you create three filters of the type "dropdown" and applying on these fields. Then, you turn on the submit on click and the dynamic display options of the filters and once you select the values in a few products, you'll be able to use the filters to filter the products listing.
You can read more about filters here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-filter-listing.html

9 years 3 weeks ago #192651

Thanks but I don't think that is the solution here.
What I would like is a field with a scrollbar, we have like 250 different brands of machies.
I want to display three fields like on the SF-Filter page.

Filter field 1 - Brand
Volvo BM
ÖSA
Toyota etc. etc.

Filter field 2 - Model
Here I want to only display models specific to what brand of machine from field 1
(some brands like Volvo BM has got 20+ models)

Field 3 - Type / Build year / Motor model
Here we show level 3 of the filtering
Soe Models from level 2 has 40+ different types and between some types
After clicking your choice here the products applicable to the choosen type should display like usual divs.

In each filtering field should I add all Brands in no1, All models in field 2 and all Types in field 3?
Then when choosing for example Volvo BM in field 1 only the Models under Volvo BM will display in field 2?
This is how I want anyway...

9 years 3 weeks ago #192765

Hi,

What you're describing is what I proposed in my message. Sure it displays with a dropdown and not a multiple select. Just use the type multiple dropdown instead of dropdown then in your filter and that will display the same.
I don't see why you think that what I proposed is not the solution ?

Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by nicolas.

9 years 3 weeks ago #192777

Thanks, the reason I think this isn't the solution is because I don't se how I can manage to just list the three filtering fields and nothing else on the page.
I would like to just click the Webshop link in the main menu which is a horizontal meny, and then have these three fields with all filtering objects.
(The webshop link isn't displayed in public yet as there is nothing good to display yet.)

For example if I start with the most complex Volvo in the left box.
Then fill in all the models for Volvo in the custom fields editor for the field named Models.
Then I fill in all the Types etc in the last field.

I then continue with a second brand and add all models in the second field and types etc. in the third.
Continue with next brand, model etc...
I don't get how to set it up so that WHen choosing Volvo in the first box only Volvo Models shall show up in the second and then after clicking one Model only that models different options shall display in the third.

Also I don't get all three custom fields under the products.

9 years 3 weeks ago #192803

Hi,

The key here are the submit on click and the dynamic display options of the filters.
The submit on click option will submit the filter selection when you select something in one of the filters (the model one for example).
The "dynamic display" option will make it so that the filter only displays with the possible choices based on the other filters that have been selected already.
That way it will behave like the filters on your link.

And in order to have the three filters on a blank page here is what you can do:
create a joomla article and a menu item going to it. Then, configure the hikashop filter module to display the three filters on three columns, to redirect to a products listing menu item and have it display on both that products listing menu item and the joomla article menu item.
Then, when you go on that menu item, you'll see your three filters. When you click on one, it will refresh the page with the two others displaying only the possible values based on the selection of the one you selected, and the system will display the products matching that filter. Then, just repeat with the next filter until you get the products you want.

I didn't understand your sentence about "I don't get all three custom fields under the products".

9 years 3 weeks ago #192895

Ok good to know that it at least will work.
But what I don't understand is how to enter all values so the filtering will differentiate between Volvo and other brands.
Here is how my fields are set up like so far:

Thanks
Micke

9 years 3 weeks ago #192931

It will actually be automatic.
In each product, you'll select the values for each custom field.
So when you filter on the brand, the system will only display the products of that brand and in the model custom field of all of these products, there will only be models of the selected brand. So automatically, you'll see only the models of that brand because that's what is selected in the products.

9 years 3 weeks ago #193114

nicolas wrote: Then, configure the hikashop filter module to display the three filters on three columns, to redirect to a products listing menu item and have it display on both that products listing menu item and the joomla article menu item.

I don't understand how to do this.. I get an error message:
"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM bft_hikashop_product WHERE product_id IN (119,127,129,137,141)' at line 1 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT FROM bft_hikashop_product WHERE product_id IN (119,127,129,137,141)"

Setup in my hikashop filter module is as follows, Menu object ID is to a menu object in my main menu pointing to the webshop (a normal article, not a hikashop module or so).

Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by LAMF.

6 years 6 months ago #277734

Dear LAMF, did you solve this problem? im having exactly the same problem too, i cant get the second filter to display only things of the brand of the first filter. I will appreciate so much if you could help me, thank you!

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds