Search function leads every item to 404 page

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210219

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

When I updated to 2.5.0, it seems my search function broke...and I cannot seem to figure out how to fix it. Currently, when you enter a product to search, it takes you to the search results, but when you click on one, that directs you to a 404 error page. Any help would be appreciated, images attached for reference...

If you need to try it yourself, please go to my site & click the shopping link on the main menu...then follow the below instructions...

Search 1 - Bottom left corner is the search function under the shopping link.
Search 2 - Result from doing a search (this case I used the product Rotunda)
Search 3 - The 404 error I receive

Other items you can search for as well are listed below just for example...but ALL items on my site when searching give a 404 error...

Burke
Osteon
Atlas
Orion
Demon

Thanks!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
8 years 7 months ago #210232

Hi,

That's a bug with the new version of Joomla. We added a patch in HikaShop to avoid the issue.
Download again the latest version install package on our website and install it on yours and that will fix the problem.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210309

Awesome...thank you Nicolas, I'll do that as soon as I get home from work & report back if it did or did not resolve the issue.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210361

Nicolas, it technically did not resolve the issue in full...

I downloaded a fresh copy of HikaShop 2.5.0 which was the most recent release available to me...and oddly enough, it was the same numbered as what I already have.

I unzipped it first, then uploaded via FTP, and installed from directory. Per Joomla, it installed correctly, so I waited a minute, went in to my cpanel, and flushed the cache just to be safe...and yet it still during searching, gives me the 404 error code when clicking on the results of a search...BUT, it is allowing me to click on a link & give me a few returned searched items as full page. So it's partially working.

If you go to my site, click shopping, then in the search box type Osteon...it will give you 4 results. The results for the Osteon Prime and Osteon Jaguar give me a 404...whereas the Osteon D and the Battletech Blog links go all the way through to the proper page.

If you search for Rotunda, it will give you 1 result, which leads to a 404 page as well.

Another example,

Any other thoughts?

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Dragon41673.

8 years 7 months ago #210368

Hi,

Do you have a canonical URL configured for your product ?
What is the "force canonical URL on listings" setting set to on your HikaShop configuration ?
Can you just zip the files in back/extensions/plg_search_hikashop_products of the install package and install that zip via the Joomla extension manager ? That will update only the search plugin and make sure that the update works.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210403

Do you have a canonical URL configured for your product ? - Not that I know of. I tried to look around for anything referring to that, but did not find anything.

What is the "force canonical URL on listings" setting set to on your HikaShop configuration ? - It is set to "Use canonical URL if specified"

Can you just zip the files in back/extensions/plg_search_hikashop_products of the install package and install that zip via the Joomla extension manager ? That will update only the search plugin and make sure that the update works. - Done...still having the same problem

8 years 7 months ago #210424

Hi,

Try to turn off the "force canonical URL on listings" setting and see if that helps.
If not set it to use it and generate it if missing. Then, before searching for that product, display the listing of products where that product is listed and see if that helps.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210456

Alright,

I did all of what you said, and none of it worked...but I noticed this...

For the product Rotunda...

Actual product URL...

Search Result that gives the 404 page...

The link is different...is it supposed to be like that? After I get the 404 page, if I delete the /component/search/ from the address string, the product shows up.

Here's another example...

For the product Osteon D...

Actual Product URL...

Search Result that gives the 404 page...

Again...with the /component/search/ at the end of the address string...

Is the /component/search/ supposed to be there? It seems like it's screwing things up.

Thanks!

• Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210483

While I wait for your response to the above post I made earlier, I found something else out...and had to shut off canonical URL's because of the following issue...

www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...s-from-hikashop.html

8 years 7 months ago #210503

Hi,

I've added another patch.
Please download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours. That should hopefully fix the issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673

• Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210510

Thanks Nicolas! I am downloading it not, and I will try to install it after I get back home. I'll post results here after it's done.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 7 months ago #210550

Nicolas, that patch worked! Thank you very much. Now every search that failed is bringing back the correct page!

I appreciate your help!

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #212535

Hi, I'm having the same problem but with Hikashop Business Version. Did you patch that one too and can I go ahead and download it?

Andrea

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 7 months ago #212547

Hi,

Yes, you can re-download HikaShop 2.5.0 in order to retrieve the patch that Nicolas was talking about 3 weeks ago.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds