second filter with different characteristics

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 4 months ago #257800

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

I use 3 filters in 1 filter module (with dynamic display)
1/ voor wie (Options on - category ( jongens / meisjes / dames / ...)
2/ maat (Options on - characteristics)
3/ merk (Options on - Brands)

My question: characteristics of "jongens" & "meisjes" <> characteristics of "dames" and I can only choose for 1 value in characteristics for filter "maat". Do I have the possibility to choose 2 characteristics in filter 2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
7 years 4 months ago #257801

Hi,

Yes. But you'll have to change the type of the filter to a checkbox or multiple dropdown and you also need to turn off the "submit on click" setting in the filter and display the filter button in the settings of the module so that you can select several values before validating the submission of the selection.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 4 months ago #257897

Hello,

Maybe some more info. The characteristics of the second filter is dependant of the value of the first filter.
jongens = maat kids (name of charachteristics) with values -> 50 56 62 68 74 80
dames = maat (name of charachteristics) with values -> M L XL XXL

• Thank you received: 75
7 years 4 months ago #257923

Hi,

Nicolas might not have understood your question, his answer is if you want users to be able to select multiple values of a filter (like for example select both size 50 and 56).

What you want is not possible by default, a filter can only be applied on a single characteristic.
However, you do not necessarily need to have two different characteristics maat kids and maat for the sizes. You can put all the sizes, both 50 - 80 and M - XXL, in the same characteristic. If you turn on the dynamic display of your filter, it will then only display the available sizes in combination with the other filters. So if "jongens" is selected in the first filter it will display 50 through 80, and similarly if "dames" is selected it will only display M - XXL.

Hope that helps.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, mikawa-yatsubusa

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds