Filters and AJAX

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #262972

I've seen that HikaShop 3 now uses AJAX for checkout processing, I was wondering if there are any development plans for filters to be updated to use AJAX or similar technologies?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 1 month ago #262992

Hi,

It's already in our TODO list but we do not have any available schedule for the implementation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek, tgowans1

• Thank you received: 19
5 years 2 months ago #302957

Hi

I would love to see AJAX in filters. Almost 2 years ago, you said it was on the TODO list, so I was wondering if this is still on the list, and if so, how close it is to being implemented?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13061
5 years 2 months ago #302961

Hi,

It is indeed on the todo list. In fact, that's something we want to work on this year.

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 10 months ago #307124

Hi,

1. I am just curious, will we get such new feature this year? Would be great to have it before joomla 4 release. As at the end of this year most of us will be doing major updates regarding joomla 4 :)

Thanks

4 years 10 months ago #307127

Hi,

I don't think Joomla 4 will be released in 2019. They are still doing alphas. And then there are betas, and RCs before the final first release of Joomla4.
developer.joomla.org/news/782-joomla-4-i...horizon-alpha-9.html

We would like to remind our users that Joomla 4.0 stable is not expected before the end of 2019

I hope we can work on this in 2019. But so far we didn't start anything.
And once betas start rolling for Joomla 4, we'll have to focus on making sure HikaShop and other extensions we have already developed can work properly on Joomla 4. That's of course the top priority for us. We already did a lot of the work last year with the first alphas of Joomla 4, but some things already changed since then and it will continue so that's more work for us.

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 10 months ago #307251

Hi,

Indeed the priority would be to make all Hikashop compatible with Joomla 4 but maybe before it's released you could find some time to work with new filters and redo variants would be welcome too :)

I have developing small site for my self with Joomla 4 and i see some bugs there and there but seeing how many unwanted code was removed and how it is much easier to do things which wasn't so easy with joomla 3. I can say that Joomla 4 is much cleaner now and it also made few big steps forward. I also hope Hikashop will be fully compatible with Boostrap 4?

4 years 10 months ago #307254

Hi,

I actually started working on AJAX for filters. We'll see if we can finish that during the summer.
HikaShop's frontend will be compatible with bootstrap 4, and any and every version of bootstrap in the future as we don't use bootstrap anymore since HikaShop 3. HikaShop has its own built-in grid system so that we don't have to rely on a third party one. That way, HikaShop can work properly with any template regardless of which framework they use or which version of the framework. And that also avoid having to redo all the views each time a new version of bootstrap would come out.

• Thank you received: 4
4 years 2 months ago #315326

Hi Nicolas. Will Hikashop make products variants with ajax in nearest future ?

4 years 2 months ago #315327

Hi,

Yes. That's actually something I developed 2 weeks ago and it is planned to be in the next release in February.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bender

• Thank you received: 4
4 years 2 months ago #315346

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Yes. That's actually something I developed 2 weeks ago and it is planned to be in the next release in February.

That is great !
Good news. Very interesting.
I even wanted to renew my subscription to Hikashop for several more years immediately -)
Best wishes

p.s. if to use variatns of product it is button choose your mod on product listing appeare, how about to add feature to show product price wich choosed by default insted this button to show for buyers price ?

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Bender.

4 years 2 months ago #315350

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean with your PS.
If you want a specific price to display on the listings when a product has variants, you can just enter that price in the main product prices area and it will be used. Otherwise, the system will pick either the cheapest, or a range of prices etc based on how the price display settings are configured in the options page of your menu item / module

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds