hikashop filter / search problem

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 9 months ago #273091

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

im having a problem configuring my filters. I dont know if im doing it correctly.

i already have around 100 to 300 products pre category and i would like to filter the products to make searching easy. So for example for phones. if a user searches a phone he would like to filter the brand, color, size, type and more. I created a filter for colors, sizes and so on. My issue is that it doesnt appear even if i am searching for phones.

i realize that i can create a filter similar to the sort filter wherein it can apply to all but that wont look nice and appropriate. The brands for phones and different from shoes. The sizes for dress is also not similar to shoes.

im sure im just missing something, can you point me to the right direction? i simply want to help users easily find what they need.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 9 months ago #273093

Hi,

You could have only one filter and turn on the "dynamic display" setting of the filter so that it would only display the choices relative to the elements you're displaying.
That would be an easy solution to setup for you and to use for the customers.

6 years 9 months ago #273155

thank nic

but i cant see how the "dynamic display" option narrows down the search. i tested it but i can not tell how it trims the results

I need to help my customers narrow down his search. im new to hikashop so i dont know if im just doing things wrong.

what can i do to make searching easy?

example, besides phone which i have mentioned below, if a user searches for shoes, he should be able to filter which is for men and which if for women. use can filter if its leather or rubber shoes, color, size etc.

thanks again

6 years 9 months ago #273209

Hi,

On a products listing page, the dynamic filters will load the possible choices for all the products on all the pages of the pagination of the current listing.
So if on your listing you have only a few products with only a few possible values of the characteristic/custom field used in your filter, you'll have have these few values in the filter.

6 years 9 months ago #273248

thanks again nic

but this solution is not user specified.

how can the dynamic filter know if the shopper is searching for men,women, boy or for a girl ? how can the dynamic filter know if the shopper is searching for addidas women's rubber shoes size 7 color white?

how can we make the relevant filters appear to help the shopper narrow a search?

thanks

6 years 9 months ago #273294

Hi,

I don't see the problem.
In each filter you can select the category on which it should display. So you can configure your filters to only display in some categories and not others. And for filters which are common to all the categories they are displayed on, you can use the dynamic filter setting so that it only display the relevant values to to select for the customer.

In your first message you said:
"My issue is that it doesnt appear even if i am searching for phones."
which means that the filter must not be configured properly if it doesn't display when it "should".

You also said:
"The brands for phones and different from shoes. The sizes for dress is also not similar to shoes."
And that is possible with the "dynamic filter" setting since it will only display the choices relevant to the category you're looking at.

6 years 9 months ago #273564

hi Nic

i finally got how to use this. thank you.

a few more questions though.

I set the filter to only appear on the main menu and its sub categories. I also set the module to "Display on the product listing page = yes
" and "Display on the product page = no". Product listing is ok but on the product page it is not showing but i have a white space on its position. how do i solve this?

thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 months ago #273568

Hello,

Without knowing what that "white space" is ; we can't provide any answer.
For example it could be because of some CSS (and not related to our support),
But it can also be related to some view override...

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 9 months ago #273661

hi again

sorry i forgot to add the screenshot. i attached it below.

it is the module position sidebar 1 in my template. i think joomla thinks that module position is not empty so a white space is being allocated for the module.

BTW i am using advance module manager and i already set "hide if enabled = Yes"

Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #273663

Hi,

This has nothing to do with HikaShop or Advanced module manager.
It's your template which doesn't handle empty module positions :
www.regularlabs.com/forum/advancedmodule...mpty-area-on-sidebar

The following user(s) said Thank You: ronron

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds