Filter module position

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 9 months ago #273175

Hi,

At the category listing, is the default position of the filter at the top of the products? How do I switch them to the side? I would like to display the whole filter vertically at the side beside the products.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #273196

Hi,

That's the default position yes. That is displayed by the menu item itself if you have the "filters" display option activated in the settings of the menu item.
So you can deactivate that option, and instead, you can configure the "HikaShop filters module" via the Joomla modules manager so that you can put the filters on the position of your template that you want.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #274034

I'm not understanding how this works. If I choose "No" under the menu item | Product Options | Product Features Display | Filters then I get no filters displaying anywhere (what one would expect). If I set this to Yes or Inherit, I get them on any page with products (not categories) as I set in my module (see attachment). This is what I expected to happen.

My issues is that filters are displayed above the products, not to the Left module position as specified in the Joomla module configuration. I bet I'm missing something simple, but I cannot find any other settings to change to make it appear on the left.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #274050

Hi,

The "menu item | Product Options | Product Features Display | Filters" setting is to display or not the filters at the top of the menu item.

It has no link with the display of the HikaShop filters module.
If you don't see the filters module on the left position where you configured it, it means that there is a problem with the settings of the module.

I would recommend to filter turn on all the display settings of the module to check that it comes from one of the display settings. Also, I see that you also have only one filter selected in the settings of the module. So you need to make sure that this filter is supposed to display on the listing you're looking at.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds