Multi-Column Sort Order and Sort Column Label

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 2 weeks ago #290583

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

I'm trying to set up a sorting feature for the product listings of my site.
I'd like to be able to sort by: Newest, Best Seller, Top-Rated, Price (Asc), Price (Desc), Name (Asc), and Name (Desc). It's only a simple sorting option (choose 1 of the 7 options), and not a multi-layer sorting feature (i.e. sort by Name AND by Price).

So, I've set up 1 Sort Filter with all the 7 options, and it seems to be working fine. However, I can't seem to control the order which the sorting options appear. They always show up as: Name (Asc), Name (Desc), Price (Asc), Price (Desc), Top-Rated, Best Seller, Newest; however, I'd like to show the options in this order: Newest, Best Seller, Top-Rated, Price (Asc), Price (Desc), Name (Asc), and Name (Desc).

Also, how do I edit the label/text of the filters in the front-end? (e.g. change the label from the default "Most recent" to "Newest")

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by jtquinto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 weeks ago #290589

Hi,

The text of each option of the dropdown can be changed with translation overrides.
You can add such translation override keys:
SORT_ASCENDING_PRODUCT_NAME
SORT_DESCENDING_PRODUCT_NAME
SORT_ASCENDING_RECENT
SORT_DESCENDING_RECENT
SORT_ASCENDING_RATING
SORT_DESCENDING_RATING
SORT_ASCENDING_SALES
SORT_DESCENDING_SALES
SORT_ASCENDING_PRICE
SORT_DESCENDING_PRICE
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

You need to add the sorting choices in the order you want in the "sort" option of the filter to get them in the proper order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds