Search filter for products on exact brand products listing

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #296407

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 2.1.1

Hi,

I have multivendor market.And I needed to have possibility to see all products for exact vendor in one place as my vendors are the manufacturers nt resellers. So I made that the hikashop brand = vendors shop (with product list), so when buyer press on brand in product page (or finds brand on brands list) he can get all products from this vendor. If vendors do have a lot of products the list will be long and would be useful to have possibility to filter products inside brands listing by product name/keywords and still stay in this brand page (the top with brands logo/image and desription short) stays still after filtering. Filter deletable.

Could you please help me with this

Thnak you.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 8 months ago #296427

Hi,

You can create a filter of the type "text" via the menu Display>Filters.
If you don't see it at the top of the listing like in your screenshot after that, just make sure that you have the filters display setting of your menu item activated in the Joomla menu manager and that should be it.

5 years 8 months ago #296431

Hi Nicolas,

I created text filter and it appear in top of the page (as is on screenshot), the thing is , it not works properly. Attach filter and module configuration. How to configurate, that the search work inside brand?

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #296433

Hi,

You should not use the HikaShop filter module. Please disable it, and instead activate the filters display setting of your menu item as I explained in my previous message.

5 years 8 months ago #296480

hmmm... I unpublished filter module. The menu - for brand product listing = hikashop defaults menus and the option filter is on (please see attached) .... in front end I do not see any filter now. If do not use filter module, how I can choose which filters I want to show on particular menu?

Thank you in advance

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by SEKME.

5 years 8 months ago #296482

Hi,

Normally, the filters are restricted by category in the settings of the filter. So the listing will only display the filters which match with the category selected in the filter and the current category.
So in your menu item, in the "main category" setting, you must have selected a category and you need to select that same category in the filters you want to display on that menu item.

Also, it's possible that the product/listing.php is customized in a wrong way preventing you from seeing the filters.
So check if you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/listing.php
If you do, rename the file and try again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SEKME

5 years 8 months ago #296777

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for late replay. Found the problem.... and it was in custom css :huh: Thank you for your time.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds