Sub categories are not being picked up by filter

• Thank you received: 12
5 years 6 months ago #297421

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.36

Hi,

I have the following filter set up - please see attached A.

"Pattern Categories" contains every product in the shop but under multiple sub categories. The search filter does not list products in the subcategories unless their category is also set to "Pattern Categories". Furthermore, if I add these subcategories (in the filter settings) they still do not appear in the filter - please see attached B.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by joshualdouglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #297425

Hi,

This category setting is to configure on the products listings of which category do you want the filter to be displayed at the top when the filter display option of the menu item is activated.
It is not to configure the categories in which the filter will apply itself.
This depends on how you display the filter.
If you activate the filter display of your menu item, then the filter will appear at the top of the products listings automatically and it will apply to the products listing on which you're using it.
If you configure a HikaShop filter module to display the filter, then in the settings of that module you have a menu item id setting where you can enter the id of a menu item to display the results of the filtering done through that module. The filters of that module will then apply on the products listed by that menu item. So in that case, you want to configure a menu item of the type "HikaShop products listing" configured to display all the products of your shop and set the id of that menu item in the menu item id setting of the module so that the filter can apply on all the products regardless of the category they are in.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas

• Thank you received: 12
5 years 6 months ago #297499

Hi,

I have fixed the issue by changing the menu item. Thank you!

However, I don't understand the first part of your message. Could you please explain this slightly different?

Regards

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #297511

Hi,

If you set a category in that category setting of the filter, the filter will only be displayed on top of the products listing if you activate the filter display setting of the menu item and if the current category is that category.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds