• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298632

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 69.0.3497.100

Hi there,

We read the HikaShop filter documentation and We would definitely have one question. This part "Extra Information" There is a desc: "Display limited to : Here, you can select another filter and the corresponding values for which you would like the current filter to be displayed.", but we can't find anywhere the filter settings.
Where can We find this setting? Can you help us?

Best regards,
FRIK

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by frik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 6 months ago #298636

Hi,

There is no such setting and never was. So I'm not sure why that text is there. I suppose it comes from a wrong copy/paste from the custom fields documentation which has that option documented for the custom fields.
I've updated the documentation to reflect that. Thanks for the feedback.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298660

So if I understand you correctly, there's no way to use that feature on Filter, this is only for Custom Fields.

Don't you want to put this into the TODO list? Condition is missing from filter module so much ::unsure::

5 years 6 months ago #298665

That could be something we could add to the todo list yes.
We didn't have any request for that so far. Usually people will use the "dynamic display" setting of the filters so that the filters only display the values relevant based on what is selected in the other filters, and it's also possible to restrict filters by category.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298830

I might have missed something. I would like to achieve this:

I have a mobile store with different brands an models. I would like to display the models filter only, when brand is choosen.

5 years 6 months ago #298831

Hi,

I don't think that it is what you want. What you want is to only show the models relevant to the brand chosen I suppose.
And that can be done by activating the "dynamic display" setting of the filters.
Because what you wrote you wanted would mean that you would always get all the models in the model filter, but only after selecting the brand.
Well, maybe you actually want both: to not display the models filter by default, and once a brand is selected, display it with only the relevant models. In that case, as I was saying in my previous message, the dynamic display setting is the most important thing to use to get closer to that result. And it would make sense to have a way to hide/display a filter based on another one in the future.
In the mean time, if you know javascript, it's possible to write some code to do it in the product/filter.php view file as a view override.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309356

Hi Nicolas!

May i ask that is there any improvement about filter conditioning?
We're trying to make another car parts shop, and it's important to select Brand and exact model.

e.g. : type -> select audi | model -> select A4 | Year -> select 2016 etc..

One more thing, I hope it will be understandable: i have two categories 1. car brands and models 2. car parts. How can I connect them? I mean i dont want to merge them (so i don't want category list like this: audi/a4/2016/1.9/variant/(car parts coming)Batteries, Suspension,Engine parts etc. || audi/a6/2016/2.0/variant/(car parts coming)Batteries, Suspension,Engine parts etc. || audi/a8/2016/1.9/variant/(car parts coming)Batteries, Suspension,Engine parts etc.) 'cause it's a huge amount of work and unreliable.

Thanks in advance!
FRIK

4 years 8 months ago #309363

Hi,

The filters has been improved to be ajax (dynamic refresh of the areas without having to refresh the whole page). That was a big improvement which we worked on in the last few months.
However, we didn't work yet on the possibility to display a filter after the selection of another filter. So the situation is the same as I was talking about in my last message on this thread.
Again, this could be achieved with a bit of custom javascript coding on your end until we add that capability.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309377

Thanks Nicolas :)

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309942

Hi Nicolas!

Can you respond to the question mentioned in my previous post? Or is it related to the filter system too?

>

One more thing, I hope it will be understandable: i have two categories

1. car brands and models (e.g Audi A4 1.9)
2. car parts (e.g Batteries, Suspension, Engine parts...).

How can I connect them? I mean i dont want to merge them (so i don't want category list like this:

audi/a4/2016/1.9/variant/(car parts coming)Batteries, Suspension,Engine parts etc. ||
audi/a6/2016/2.0/variant/(car parts coming)Batteries, Suspension,Engine parts etc. ||
audi/a8/2016/1.9/variant/(car parts coming)Batteries, Suspension,Engine parts etc.)

'cause it's a huge amount of work and unreliable.

Thanks in advance!

FRIK

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by frik.

4 years 8 months ago #309987

Hi,

I thought that this question was related to the filters system.
Because I don't know what you mean by "connecting them" ?
In each product, you can select several categories. So in a cart part product, you can select the car model categories for which you can use the car part and the category of the part itself.
In that sense, both I connected through the product categories selector. But I'm not sure that it is what you're asking ?
At first, I thought that your question was relative to filters but now I'm not sure what you mean.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds