Auction emails not received

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 11 months ago #235825

Hello Lene,

You're right, no emails seems to be sent even when I trigger the cron manually, can you also send me a temporary FTP access so that I can directly check it on the code of the HikaAuction files ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 11 months ago #235843

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for looking into this. I have sent you login details through the contact form.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235887

Hello,
When I try the FTP Access that you sent us, I'm can only see a "/" folder and nothing else.
Also when I complete my Auction test, even if I use the link of the "Cron URL" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Cron" no Emails are sent, even the "Outbide emails".
So I will really need a valid FTP access to do some testing and understand from where it's coming.

7 years 11 months ago #235943

Hello,

Sorry, I did something wrong. I have created a new account with same user and password and tested the account and it to make sure it works. I had to disconnect and close the program and open it again before it connected to the new setup.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #236178

Hello Mohamed,

Any closer to a solutions?

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #236220

Hello Lene,

Your issue was coming from :
- The fact that you didn't had the last HikaAuction version or a customized version, so I uploaded the last HikaAuction version through your website.

- An email issue so I applied that fix : www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/883603-4...-process.html#235445

7 years 11 months ago #236286

Hello Mohamed,

I just purchased the component so I downloaded it from my subscriptions where I normally download the latest version.

Currently testing, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #236290

Hello Mohamed,

This is very frustrating...

I downloaded the two files to make sure I had the latest to have this fix in the auction process:
http://www.hikashop.com/forum/hikaauction/882281-auction-component.html

I then started to test again. Maybe it is the fix above but bidder 1 and bidder 2 is receiving each others emails.
I have set the emails to be HTML emails but they come through as text emails.
The bidder did receive the winning auction email, but when I click on the link I get the following

Error
HikaAuction Payment error : You don't have acces to that page

.. and I cannot complete the order. The link should also go to an actual page. Is there a menu link that needs to be setup?

In configuration I have set the 'Payment of orders not paid immediately' to yes.

We are going live with this site tomorrow and there is no way I can put the auction live.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #236310

Hello Lene,

Error
HikaAuction Payment error : You don't have acces to that page

You can only have that error message if you try to access to that link with an account different than the winner one. Can you make sure to be logged in with the winner account.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 11 months ago #236427

Hello Mohamed,

I am currently testing the process again.

What about the emails where the bidders is receiving each others (or a copy of) emails?

Also the emails not coming through as html emails like they do with Hikashop? html is set to yes in the emails.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #236435

Hello Mohamed,

I just completed an auction and clicked on the link to complete the purchase. This is the summary of the process (screen images attached):

When I click on the email link it takes me to screen1.jpg
If I click on the order link it takes me to screen2.jpg - back link does not work
I then use the browser to go back and it takes me customer account, screen3.jpg
I click on 'show the carts' and it takes me to screen4.jpg - there is no cart
Clicking on back button takes me to screen5.jpg - dead end

After all that I receive the order email but there has been no postage added to the order. The order says that payment method is PayPal but I never went through the checkout and confirmed payment in PayPal so the order would not have been paid.

There is something seriously wrong. I was expecting the same quality as Hikashop. I cannot get the Auction working. We have been back and forward for about 2 weeks and I am now apologising to my client having to tell them that the auction is not working as it should and we cannot go live with it.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #236554

Hello,

What about the emails where the bidders is receiving each others (or a copy of) emails?

Can you tell me about which emails you are exactly talking about ? When I tested it through your website, the "outbid" and also "winner" emails were correctly sent.

the emails not coming through as html emails like they do with Hikashop? html is set to yes in the emails.

Can you set it to No and test it again ?

When I click on the email link it takes me to screen1.jpg
If I click on the order link it takes me to screen2.jpg - back link does not work
I then use the browser to go back and it takes me customer account, screen3.jpg
I click on 'show the carts' and it takes me to screen4.jpg - there is no cart
Clicking on back button takes me to screen5.jpg - dead end

That's actually an Hikashop issue so creating a new thread about that "back" button will probably be better.

As it's explained on the HikaAuction documentation : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...uction.html#workflow

The payment step

Your customer will finally be able to pay his product through that step. Note that if you have :
A starter edition of Hikashop, your customer will directly be redirected through the payment platform of your first payment method.
A commercial edition of Hikashop, your customer will directly be redirected to the payment platform if you only have one available payment method. Else, he will be redirected to his order listing to correctly select his payment method and proceed to checkout.

Also, to enable your customer to pay his order through your customer order listing, you'll have to set the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" to YES via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main".

After all that I receive the order email but there has been no postage added to the order. The order says that payment method is PayPal but I never went through the checkout and confirmed payment in PayPal so the order would not have been paid.

There is no option to add the postage on auctions for the moment (it's on our TODO list), the only way for the moment is to directly include the postage through your Auction starting price.

7 years 11 months ago #236613

Hello,

This is getting a bit ridicules....

Can you tell me about which emails you are exactly talking about ? When I tested it through your website, the "outbid" and also "winner" emails were correctly sent.
I have setup to different accounts, one as lene and one as lt635, they have different email addresses that goes to separate inboxes. I am receiving emails addressed to lt635 in the inbox for lene and vice versa. Does the auction outbid and new bid notifications go to all people that is bidding on the item (being addressed to the other people)?
That's actually an Hikashop issue so creating a new thread about that "back" button will probably be better.
I will create a new post for this issue.
workflow - The payment step - Your customer will finally be able to pay his product through that step.
I have Hikashop Business. What I am saying is that I do not get to the payment option at all, it takes me in circles. We have two payment options on the site, PayPal and Bank Transfer.
Also, to enable your customer to pay his order through your customer order listing, you'll have to set the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" to YES via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main".
In one of my previous posts I have mentioned that I have set the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" to YES .
There is no option to add the postage on auctions for the moment
It is quite important to have postage included for any online sales unless it is digital downloads but I am sure we can work around this for the moment. I will look into changing the auction setup so it has it's own menu item so I can remove the add to cart option.

Sorry, but I am stuck. Especially with the payment issue. I cannot complete an auction all the way through to payment.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #236632

Hello Lene,

I have setup to different accounts, one as lene and one as lt635, they have different email addresses that goes to separate inboxes. I am receiving emails addressed to lt635 in the inbox for lene and vice versa. Does the auction outbid and new bid notifications go to all people that is bidding on the item (being addressed to the other people)?

No you should receive :
- Outbids emails for bot users when the second customer outbid the first and vice versa.
- A Winner email for the winner of the auction
- A Looser email for every customer who lost the auction, telling them that they can still win the auction if the winner decline his offer.

Doesn't it work like this ?

I have Hikashop Business. What I am saying is that I do not get to the payment option at all, it takes me in circles. We have two payment options on the site, PayPal and Bank Transfer.

That's also an Hikashop issue and it was coming from the fact that you have unset the "Created" value of the "Unpaid order statuses" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main".So you should set it to "Created" and then you'll find the list of available payment methods to pay your created orders.

It is quite important to have postage included for any online sales unless it is digital downloads but I am sure we can work around this for the moment. I will look into changing the auction setup so it has it's own menu item so I can remove the add to cart option.

Regarding the postage, we currently have it on our todo list but we'll wait the release of the Hikashop 3.0 version to improve the HikaAuction "checkout process".

Sorry, but I am stuck. Especially with the payment issue. I cannot complete an auction all the way through to payment.

If you are stuck it probably means that I didn't correctly advised you so I'm the one who is apologizing.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 11 months ago #236830

Hello Mohamed,

One step closer... The PayPal button now shows so I can click through to PayPal and pay.

I have attached an image of the incoming emails to winners inbox (being lene). As you can see this inbox is also receiving emails addressed to lt635.

The auction finished at 12.10pm. The order was paid at 2.18pm. As you can see there is a big delay in emails being sent. The two emails with the time 3.50pm and 3.51pm is outbid notifications. A bit late when the auction finished at 12.10pm. The server is set to trigger the cron jobs every 5 minutes.

I have attached an image of the last two 'your cron has been triggered' emails from Hikashop. First was at 7am the second at 11.20am but not received before 3.50pm.

It does not look very good when the customers receive outbid notifications a couple of hours after auction has been completed.

I did go through to PayPal and Pay, but as a buyer I received the summary of order email with 'Your order will be processed as soon as your payment is received.' and 'pay now' instead of payment confirmation.

As you can see from the email image attached all emails apart from the summary of your order email is just in plain text. I have tried both html yes and no in the email configurations.

Regards
Lene

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by lt635.

7 years 11 months ago #236890

Hello Lene,

1. I have lowered the "Cron queue Period" value of the HikaAuction plugin so can you test it again to see if it was coming from a queue period which was too high ? or from the call to the Cron through your server ?

2. I have Actually succeed to reproduce your email HTML issue, I'll fix it as fast as possible and give you the fix.

7 years 11 months ago #237059

Hello Mohamed,

I am sure my client is about to give me the sack now....

The shop was working perfect, including digital downloads.... I tested this a long time ago.

I just thought I do a quick test on purchasing an events ticket which has been setup as digital download. On checkout I noticed that the shipping step was showing (it was not before), so I clicked next and proceeded to checkout paid with paypal test account. After payment was completed I, being the customer, receive a 'summary of your order' email with the notice 'Your order will be processed as soon as your payment is received' and a 'pay now' link which leads to a dead end because cart is empty as it has been checked out and paid for.

I tested this for a product with shipping, same thing, customer receive 'summary of order' and not the confirmed payment notification.

I should have received a confirmed payment notice and a link to download the e-ticket.

Like I said, this was working correctly before, just lucky I decided to test again. There must be a change that we have made for the auction that is affecting the other shop.

I have attached an image of the order setup, I have never had an issue like this with Hikashop before.

Regards
Lene

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by lt635.

7 years 11 months ago #237277

Hello,

I really need this orders issue to be sorted asap. My client is expecting to go live with the website today (more details in previous post):

After payment was completed I, being the customer, receive a 'summary of your order' email with the notice 'Your order will be processed as soon as your payment is received' and a 'pay now' link which leads to a dead end because cart is empty as it has been checked out and paid for.

This is the same for Hikashop and Hikaauction. Used to work fine in Hikashop.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #237286

Hello,

The website has now been moved to root directory: afom

If you need ftp access can you please provide me with an email address?

The shop is sort of working, would like to move the 'shipping' step out of checkout process when buying digital download and I would have thought that when you pay with PayPal the order would go straight to confirm.

I have moved the auction to a hidden menu: auctions

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #237364

Hello Lene,

For the FTP access, note that you can send it to us through our contact form by also specifying the link that that thread on your message.

Regarding the Paypal issue, can you download the last Hikashop version through our webiste, install it and test it again ? It should actually directly set the order status to "confirmed" if you set the "Allow payment notifications from PayPal" to YES, and that your customer correctly paid his order.

And finally regarding the triggering of the Cron, it seems to work fine when I manually trigger it so I'll to do more tests about it because it's weird that I doesn't properly work when triggered from a server.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds