How Long Do We Have To Wait For More Auction Bidding Modes?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #298475

Hi guys how much longer do we have to wait for more bidding modes, you guys have said sometime ago that you were busy working on it, Now i have people bidding more than the products worth knowing no one is going to bid higher than them and all they have to do is pay the second highest amount... your auction is a nightmare and needs to fixed, The bidders in the auction need to pay what they say they going to bid NOT PAY THE SECOND HIGHEST AMOUNT :( .. There has been no updates on any of your product in sometime

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Tradend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #298476

Me and Mohamed are both bidding on a hat worth $100. I go and i bid $5 then Mohamed goes and bids $10 .. i go and i bid $150 now suddenly no one bids because the product is only worth $100. auction ends and i walk away with the product for $10 .... your system does not work .. people lock the auction by bidding higher than what the products worth ... THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Tradend.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 6 months ago #298491

Hello,

As I told you through your last thread :
www.hikashop.com/forum/hikaauction/89582...ng-modes.html#298490

It's actually how auctions are generally being processed online.

The current bid will always be equals to :
[0 - 1] bid => The starting price
More than 2 bids => The second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

We already planned on adding more mode in the future but note that if you really need it, you can edit the code of the "getAuctionCurrentPrice" function via "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" which is responsible of the calculation of the auction current price.

That's actually on our TODO list with a lot of other features so we can't give you any ETA for the moment, that's why we also explained you which file needed to be edited if you wanted to adapt it with how auctions work in your country, as HikaAuction is only working like main online auction system does.

We're actually sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused but we had to work on the compatibility between HikaAuction and the future Joomla! 4 version.

If you encounter any bug with HikaAuction will fix it as fast as we can, but HikaAuction is actually working as mains online auction system, and we also planned on improving HikaAuction but we just have a lot of projects in our TODO list.

We really thank you for your feedback and we'll try to work on it as soon as we can and keep you updated about it.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 6 months ago #299229

Hello,

We just released a new version of HikaAuction in which we have added an "Auction mode" option and a lot of other things.
You can set that option to "English Auction" via "HikaAuction->Configuration" which will enable your auction system to work like you wanted :

Me and Mohamed are both bidding on a hat worth $100. I go and i bid $5 then Mohamed goes and bids $10 .. i go and i bid $150 now suddenly no one bids because the product is only worth $100. auction ends and i walk away with the product for $10

For more information about that new release, her is the change log :
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/423-hikaauction-3-0.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds