Products not added correctly

• Thank you received: 75
7 years 5 months ago #251857

-- HikaShop version -- : 3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2

Hi again,

the zones are installing fine now, but we quickly stumbled upon the next issue: adding a product doesn't seem to go entirely right and produces the following error

1054 Unknown column 'product_category_ordering' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT category_id FROM #__hikashop_product_category WHERE product_id=1 ORDER BY product_category_ordering

It appears that the product does get added to the hikashop_product table but nothing gets inserted in the hikashop_product_category table, and therefore the products do not show up anywhere. Are you able to reproduce the issue?

Kind regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #251865

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

I started to create a new algorithm for the product category ordering but it wasn't as effective as I wanted.
So we did not added the new column in the database but I forgot to deactivate the new algorithm.
I just restored the original algorithm in the available package ; please re-download HikaShop 3 alpha.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 5 months ago #251943

Hi,

thanks for the fix, the products page in the backend still shows an error in the Order column:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$ordering in \administrator\components\com_hikashop\views\product\tmpl\listing.php on line 228
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$ordering in \administrator\components\com_hikashop\views\product\tmpl\listing.php on line 229

With our clean install of HS3 we almost got through the checkout process successfully (the automatic updating of the shipping and payment is quite cool indeed) but there are still some problems. After entering an address, the billing and shipping addresses show these errors:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \components\com_hikashop\views\checkout\tmpl\show_block_address.php on line 128
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \components\com_hikashop\views\checkout\tmpl\show_block_address.php on line 197
Due to the errors it is impossible to select an address and if we click on "Finish" at the bottom of the checkout we are just directed back to the product listing page.

Edit: These errors only appear when a user registers for the first time it seems, however we also noticed that any changes to the user's address (editing an address, adding a new one or removing one) are not visible immediately but only after page refresh.

Hopefully this can be fixed as well. Would it be possible to give the HS3 alpha download file a time signature so it's easier to see when the last modifications have been made? Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by GW.

7 years 5 months ago #251966

Hi,

1. Please re-edit the product with the warning ; it should fix the value in the database.

2. The two warning are for the reading of the "cart billing address ID" and the "cart shipping address IDs".
But I can't explain why you do not have these values because there are now fields in the HikaShop database for them.
Please go in the HikaShop configuration and click on the button "check database" in order to be sure that your database is up-to-date.

3. We update the package today with some fixes regarding the login/registration and the refreshing of the other blocks (also with the re-assignation of the cart session).

4. When you are in the HikaShop configuration, under the "Main" tab and the "Advanced settings" section, you will see a line named "Version" ; You will see "HikaShop Starter 3.0.0" and just after the build version (made with the date when the package has been generated).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 5 months ago #251979

Hi,

thanks for the reply, regarding your points:

1. We started out with a fresh install of Joomla, new database and the latest HS3 this afternoon to make sure any errors are not related to previous issues. Unfortunately the errors in the ordering column are still there for all products and do not disappear by editing and resaving a product.

2. Checking the database results in all OK's, we're pretty sure the problem was not there. We started out with another fresh install and the latest HS3 just now and the errors in the checkout have gone, but the problem that any changes to the user's address are not immediately visible, only after reloading the page, is still there.

In fact, when we log in for the first time, we then need to enter an address and press ok, the address form now appears again a second time and we need to fill in an address again. So Hikashop asks for the address twice, and saves both, though as mentioned they only become visible after reloading the page.

It shouldn't be too difficult for you guys to reproduce the errors, since all we do is install Joomla, install Hikashop and add a product, that's it - nothing more.

4. We knew we can find it there, we were hoping the time and date could be added in the name of the download file just like the 2.6.4 builds so we can already see here on the website if there's a newer version to download, that would be convenient. Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

7 years 5 months ago #252043

Hi,

1. Thanks !
I talked with Nicolas and it looks like it is coming from an improvement from HikaShop 2.6.4 which allow to change the ordering of the products even in the "all sub elements" display.
And because I was in "direct sub elements" during my tests ; I didn't see that warning.
In the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php" you can replace

$select='SELECT DISTINCT b.*';
By
$select = 'SELECT DISTINCT b.*, a.ordering';
And the warning will disappear.

2. We are launching some tests for the login/registration part in the checkout, I saw different issues like yours during the week end.

4. I will inform the team to include the latest build number in the documentation page. So when we upload a new package (14 during the week end) we will also update the documentation page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds