Product Category Module

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15507

Hi All,

I am hoping one of you can help me. I am pretty sure its a simple issue but I have been staring at it for so long I cant see the trees because of the forest. ;)

southpacificadventure.com/joomla1/index.php/outdoor-books - I have almost finished this site which will be selling 3 categories of products books, dvd's and magazines. I have products pages set up as articles and then I have inserted modules into them to display the 3 categories of book. However I cant seem to create this limitation - the pages show the modules with a range or products from all categories. How can I stop this?

Products are all allocated to a product category, but the related products span all categories - not sure it that is important

Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to provide.

JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 11 months ago #15526

Could you do a screenshot of the hikashop options of your related products module ? You can access them via the menu Display->Content modules and then edit the module with the id 64.

12 years 11 months ago #15570

Hi Nicolas,

I have attached a screenshot for you - If we where to look at this page southpacificadventure.com/joomla1/index.php/outdoor-books then the module I am displaying is id 103, its replicated in the screenshot.

I am happy with module id 64 - what I am struggling with is showing all the products just from a specific category (ie outdoor books). I can change the layout slightly so that I display the category and you click through to the products but I prefer to use a module embedded in the article because this way because I can add text/images around the module.

I really hope you can help.

Thanks either way JP

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 11 months ago #15578

If you want to display the products of the outdoor books category only, you should just select that category in the "parent category" option on that screen.

12 years 11 months ago #15583

Sorted! Thanks guys you rock!

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds