Variants no showing on CSV import

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 4 months ago #181398

Variants are working, but ran into some that are not showing radio buttons on the table, even thought there is stock for both variants
www.iheartsin.com/costumes/product/costumes-9174

1 color, but multiple sizes. Everything is in stock, but cannot choose options.

www.iheartsin.com/costumes/product/costumes-9174
www.iheartsin.com/costumes/product/costumes-9625
www.iheartsin.com/costumes/product/costumes-9174x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 4 months ago #181507

Hi,

First, temporarily rename the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product via FTP to make sure that it doesn't come from a customization of the view of the product page.
If you still have the problem after that, then it's something else and we would need a screenshot of both the product edition page and the variant edition page so that we can check the settings of both the product and one of its variants.

9 years 4 months ago #181512

What should I rename it to? Or do you mean just choose a temporary name and choose a different template for Hikashop to be displayed?

9 years 4 months ago #181514

Nevermind, I think you meant change the template and see if the issue still occurs. The answer is yes.

Here is a test server
No Option Buttons: www.marcosisoncom1.fatcow.com/TEST_SERVE...roduct/costumes-9174
Option Buttons Present: www.marcosisoncom1.fatcow.com/TEST_SERVE...roduct/costumes-9539

Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #181544

we would need a screenshot of both the product edition page of the backend and the variant edition page of the backend so that we can check the settings of both the product and one of its variants (and not screenshot of product details page).

9 years 4 months ago #181623

Just to make sure I am understanding which pages you want I screenshot the pages I think you were asking for. Can you tell me what part you want screenshot? I can't fit the entire page in 1 shot without making the details very small.

Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #181650

Yes, that's these pages. I just need all of the options on both.

There are plenty of ways of making screenshots of whole pages. For example:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=amxZp8B8CrQ

9 years 4 months ago #181677

Thanks for the tip on the tool. FYI, I couldn't find the tool in the youtube video. It might not be available anymore, but this one looks to be the same

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/awesom...gpmgidjdcjakblofbmce

Product Pages
docs.google.com/file/d/0BwqOD0YBy-yIa1Ja...Tg/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/file/d/0BwqOD0YBy-yIMXYw...Gs/edit?usp=drivesdk

9 years 4 months ago #181689

Hi,

That's great.
Ok, so the variant and the product are fine.
Could you do one more from the page that you see after you click on the "manage variants" button of the main product edition page ?

9 years 4 months ago #181723

9 years 4 months ago #181779

Yes, this page.

So I see that you have a variant for the color - and the size S/M and another one for the color - and the size M/L but you selected the color - and the size - for the default value of your characteristics on the main product, for which no variant exists.
Please configure the default values of the characteristics and the variants in a consistent manner and it should work properly.

9 years 4 months ago #181824

Sorry, I am not quite sure I understand. If a product has no variants, then my "main" products have a default size and color. However, if there is a variant, all my "main" products have a generic "-" and "-" as default. I did this, as I was told that all "main" products needed a default. My other ones are set up the same way and they seem to work. Did I do something different I am not aware of?

docs.google.com/file/d/0BwqOD0YBy-yIcWRJ...Xc/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/file/d/0BwqOD0YBy-yIUnVs...jA/edit?usp=drivesdk

9 years 4 months ago #181873

Hi,

Well, normally, you're supposed to have one extra variant for the - and - choice which is the default one.
I don't know why the other works and not this one but that's the only thing I can see which is not normal on your screenshots.
I would recommend to follow that procedure for the product with the problem:
1. Delete all the variants of the product on the listing of variants that you can access via the button "manage variants" on the product edition screen.
2. Delete the characteristics of the product.
3. Save the product.
4. Add the characteristics again.
5. The system will regenerate all the variants automatically and you should be able to see the dropdowns properly on the front end.
That should help fix the issue. Then, delete the variants you don't want and configure the price of each variant like you need.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 months ago #185482

i am having this isue also. I have successfuly imported all my products from a site currently working in Joomla 2.5 but the varients are not coming over.

old site : www.scfa.edu.au/clothing/women-s-clothin...tion-jacket-in-black
new site :http://www.scfa.edu.au/j3/upf50-clothing/women-s-clothing/product/2669-upf50-womens-sun-protection-jacket-in-black.html

the vareints are included in the back up file... any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.. ?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 3 months ago #185523

Hi,

In the csv file, for the article with the product code "UPF50__Womens_Spray_Jacket_in_Black" the default variant values are:
"beige" for the colour and "38cm" for the sizes.
Or the variants present in that csv file for that product are only available in Black and size from 10 to 16.

So the import can not work properly. The default values must refer to an existing variant.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 months ago #185656

so if there are any errors the import of variants will not work! I will get the admin to assess all the products. so to change the default variant is it only required to change the value on the original setup and save. or does the whole variant setup need to be deleted and setup again?

9 years 3 months ago #185661

Hi,

Yes, if you don't have a valid CSV, the import cannot work properly.
There should be not need to redo everything.
Just make sure that you're CSV abids by the rules explained in the documentation and that should work fine.

9 years 3 months ago #188117

what is the minimum columns that you can import. When to just update a few fields, I get a strange result.

If I just try to update pictures using the csv below, it updates the pictures, but it also change the NAME field in the product to the image name, even though I do not have NAME as a field in the csv.

Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #188135

Hi,

The goal of the import system is to import new products or to replace product data (all the data), not to update some columns of the product data. If that's what you want to do, you should instead use a product mass action with a filter "import from CSV file":
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html

9 years 2 months ago #188211

Wow, did not know that. I've been using the import incorrectly this whole time. Thanks for the info, I will try that instead.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds