- Posts: 89
- Thank you received: 1
Database with Characteristics
11 years 1 month ago #211627
by Awards4u
Database with Characteristics was created by Awards4u
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.Awards4u.ca
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
Hi,
I lost my website. Someone hacked it and deleted everything but the database is still good. If there a way I can load the old database to the new website and everything on to the new website so the Characteristics would be there as well? Or do I have to load with excel?
Lastly, is there a way I can backup my orders every year. And if I ever get hacked again I can reload them.
Thanks
Mohammed
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
Hi,
I lost my website. Someone hacked it and deleted everything but the database is still good. If there a way I can load the old database to the new website and everything on to the new website so the Characteristics would be there as well? Or do I have to load with excel?
Lastly, is there a way I can backup my orders every year. And if I ever get hacked again I can reload them.
Thanks
Mohammed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211634
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Database with Characteristics
Hi,
You can go in your phpmyadmin and export the hikashop_ tables there.
Then, you can import the file in your new database with phpmyadmin.
Then, when you install HikaShop on your new website it should find all the data.
You'll also want to copy the files in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload (or whatever is the folder path where your images are uploaded) from your old website to your new website via FTP.
The best is to regularly backup your whole website.
On our end for example, we have custom scripts on our servers to backup things regularly. The database is backed up every few hours, the files are backed up once a days, etc. And they are backed up on different servers so that even if the server is not recoverable, we still have the backup and can rapidly put back a website online.
As a first backup tool, you can look at the Joomla extension Akeeba Backup.
You can go in your phpmyadmin and export the hikashop_ tables there.
Then, you can import the file in your new database with phpmyadmin.
Then, when you install HikaShop on your new website it should find all the data.
You'll also want to copy the files in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload (or whatever is the folder path where your images are uploaded) from your old website to your new website via FTP.
The best is to regularly backup your whole website.
On our end for example, we have custom scripts on our servers to backup things regularly. The database is backed up every few hours, the files are backed up once a days, etc. And they are backed up on different servers so that even if the server is not recoverable, we still have the backup and can rapidly put back a website online.
As a first backup tool, you can look at the Joomla extension Akeeba Backup.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211654
by Awards4u
Replied by Awards4u on topic Database with Characteristics
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the reply. If I import the file in the new database with phpmyadmin. Will it have the Characteristics as well? The problem I'm having right now is the characteristics. Even, when I want to upload a new file I can't because come of my products have characteristics and I have to do it one at a time.
Thanks
Mohammed
Thanks for the reply. If I import the file in the new database with phpmyadmin. Will it have the Characteristics as well? The problem I'm having right now is the characteristics. Even, when I want to upload a new file I can't because come of my products have characteristics and I have to do it one at a time.
Thanks
Mohammed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211658
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Database with Characteristics
Hi,
The table "hikashop_product" also contains the variants ; but if you want working variants, you also need to table "hikashop_characteristic" and "hikashop_variant".
That's why Nicolas told you to import all hikashop tables.
Regards,
The table "hikashop_product" also contains the variants ; but if you want working variants, you also need to table "hikashop_characteristic" and "hikashop_variant".
That's why Nicolas told you to import all hikashop tables.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds