Import - variants missing

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 5 months ago #252997

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.insignia16.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2

When I import products back into store, the variants are missing.

I have 3 variants, White Option, size and quantity, the white option shows fine, but it does not import the size and quantity variants for some reason.

I have only added more products to the csv and have not adjusted any of the headers, so not sure why this is happening.

I am using LibreOffice as the csv editing program

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
7 years 5 months ago #253024

Hi,

Before you import products with variants, you must make sure that all the values that you want to use are already listed in the characteristics that you can edit via the menu Products>Characteristics.
So please check on that.
The CSV itself looks fine.

7 years 5 months ago #253079

Hi, those characteristics are already there

7 years 5 months ago #253083

Hi,

Can you provide screenshots of the settings of these characteristics please ?

7 years 5 months ago #253130

Hi
See attached

7 years 5 months ago #253149

I have just imported the original export I made, it shows the dropdown options, but if I add any new products to the spreadsheet it seems to then disable the dropdowns for the quantity & size, but not the white options.
It must be something I am doing wrong when adding a product to the spreadsheet, only thing I can think of?

7 years 5 months ago #253141

Hi,

It looks like you don't have the values of the "Select Quantity" that you're trying to import.
Here is what you have in your CSV: take.ms/w05QW
and among them only the "500" value is present in your characteristic values screenshot.
So either correct the CSV to have the exact values that you have on your website, or add the missing values in the characteristic on the website.

7 years 5 months ago #253224

Ok, on the quantities that did not appear on my spreadsheet, strange. I took all the commas out of the quantities as the csv would not allow commas, the quantities are now appearing, but the sizes are not appearing apart from the 2 different ones I entered onto the site when building the product, all the sizes I've added to the spreadsheet are not showing, could it be it would not import anything with a " in?
eg, my sizes show as 1.5" x 1.5", maybe I should try this as showing as 1.5in x 1.5in ?

7 years 5 months ago #253225

I tried using 1.5in x 1.5in as opposed to 1.5" x 1.5" and that didn't change things, but now the prices on the larger quantities are not importing, very confusing as to why this is happening, any help would be appreciated

7 years 5 months ago #253226

Update
I have found a slightly long way round, if I enter the variants into the product in Hikashop and export, I can then add the prices and weight into the spreadsheet and import, this seems to get round the issue of having the variants appear on the site, had hoped I could do everything in the spreadsheet, but at least this is a slightly quicker option.

7 years 5 months ago #253253

Hi,

It should be possible to do everything with the CSV. So you must still have had some difference between the CSV values and what you had in the website.
The export/import solved that yes.
I guess that if you base yourself on that CSV to duplicate it for another product, it should be able to create all the variants during the import.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds