Choose option instead Add to cart after CSV import

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 4 months ago #257547

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4

Hi,
I have a problem after CSV import of products. Instead of Add to cart button appears Choose options, but not everywhere - only with some products. I have checked the CSV, but can not find the reason. I know that Choose options appears because there are characteristics added to product, but there are no variants. Those characteristics were added after the import automatically, but I do not understand why, because I do not see anything like that in the CSV. It is possible to solve it manually - to delete the characteristics, but there is a lot of products and it takes time. Any ideas why this happened and how to fix it and how to avoid it in the future? Thanks!

UPDATE: I have deleted and imported again all the products and it is OK now. Anyway, I would like to know where the problem started to avoid it next time.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by montemama.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 4 months ago #257581

Hi,

The "choose options" button can appear instead of the "add to cart" button on several cases:
- if you have characteristics attached to your product
- if you have options attached to your product
- if you have custom fields of the table "item" to be displayed on the product page and not on the products listing for that product (or a category of that product)

If you had characteristics appearing in your products after the import, it means that there was a problem with the CSV you used compared to the data in the database. Hard to say exactly without having a look at the CSV file though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds