Import products via CSV (Able to attach files (pdfs))

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #261237

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.24
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message, just a question regarding upload csv

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible when updating or adding products via import csv file if it is possible to add files (pdfs) against a product within the csv?

I see there is a field (cell) files, I added the filename in this cell but it did not add it to the section IMAGES AND FILES (in administrator area) nor on the product detail page.
I placed the pdf into the directory /media/com_hikashop/upload/safe

I am wondering if this is possible to add a file against a product via csv import.

If possible, can you also name the file, update the downloads number limit and free download within the csv import?

Thank you

File Attachment:

File Name: hika-auto.csv
File Size:4 KB
- csv file
- Files section within admin area
- Change file details

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by trevor.icon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 1 month ago #261240

Hi,

Here is what I get on my test website when I import your CSV:
monosnap.com/file/q5UpAzUieerziZxPumYUnRWAywBTUz
As you can see, I get the PDF in the Images and Files section as it should.
So there is no reason it wouldn't work the same on your end too.
The problem must be elsewhere. For example, you're not looking at the product you imported but another one with the same name, or something like that.

And yes, you can also set the number limit and the free download with the columns files_free_download and files_limit in your CSV.

7 years 1 month ago #261413

Thank you for the reply.

Just want to double check, in the csv upload file, the cell name is files or pdf?

Also can you name the file within the csv? e.g. when you upload the file via the administrator area, it reads on the front end as the filename; but in the admin area you can change the name to display on the front end.

And...

In the csv upload, can you add multiple files within the cell by adding a comma between the filenames? e.g. file1.pdf, file2.pdf like you can do for the images?

Plus were do you upload the files to, which directory?

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #261422

Hi,

It should be "files".
And yes, you can name the file within the CSV. You have the files_name column you can use for that.
And yes, you can have multiple files by separating them with a comma. In that case, you need to same number of comma in all the files_* columns of the CSV.
The files can be uploaded in the upload safe folder that you configured in the HikaShop configuration. The default folder is media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/

7 years 2 weeks ago #264621

Hi

Another question regarding the csv, is there a field (what is it) to resize the image that has been uploaded into the image directory along with auto creating a thumbnail.

Is there a field? what is the label? also is there a field to add width and height?

7 years 2 weeks ago #264644

Hi,

Images are automatically resized if you set the "image" (width/height) setting of the Images section of the HikaShop configuration.
Note that this is a resizing of the original image. You won't get it big again after it is resized, even if you change that setting, unless the image is deleted and reuploaded.
The thumbnails are generated automatically based on the settings of your menu items, your modules, and the other settings of the "Images" section of the configuration.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds