Creating a spreadsheet I can use as a basis to upload to amazon

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 10 months ago #271506

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28

Hi - I have just created around 200 new products on my own website - farangshop.co.uk - I now need to add them to my seller account on amazon too.

Just choosing the export function does not really help a non-technical use like myself.

I believe it is possible to create a mass action to export the product fields I want into a spreadsheet, and then I don't mind cutting and pasting the appropriate columns into an amazon upload template so I can at least speed up the process considerably. Can you explain step by step how I do this, as I don't really follow it just looking at the mass actions page.

I want to export a spreadsheet where I could get all the main product information fields:
Name
Product Code
Quantity
Price
Description
Keywords
Weight
The three volume fields

In an ideal world, the same for the variants where they exist.

Any assistance appreciated.
Regards,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 10 months ago #271507

Hi,

Go in the mass action menu, click on the new button, select the action to export a CSV, select the columns you want and finally click on the "process" button.
Note that there is an amazon integration with HikaShop in order to automate that process:
www.faboba.com/composants/amamplace/download-buy.html

6 years 10 months ago #271657

Thanks for the response, but it does not seem to work for me.
I would have expected it to make a spreadsheet with all the fields I had selected along the top and the corresponding info for the products underneath.
Instead I get the A1 excel box filled with:
product_code;"product_description";"product_dimension_unit";"product_height";"product_id";"product_keywords";"product_length";"product_name";"product_quantity";"product_weight";"product_weight_unit";"product_width";"price_currency_id";"price_value";"images_name";"images_path";"related"

That's all in the one box, then I can't make any sense of the info produced.

That's the CSV option. If I choose the .XLS option I can only generate a file that is damaged and can't be opened.
Any ideas please?

Attachments:

6 years 10 months ago #271659

Do I need to select any filters?

6 years 10 months ago #271676

After much trial and error, I think the problem may be my description field.

I have a lot of products - 1,874.

I just get errors when I export any fields including the product description, but the other info I can export to a spreadsheet.

Any suggestions on this. I can select "Display" instead of exporting the CSV and all works okay, but how can I get that info into a spreadsheet?

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Farang. Reason: Typo

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #271682

Hello,

See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_files
Otherwise, I recommend you to find articles over the Internet in order to open a semicolon CSV with your Excel.

When you click on the "export" button, it will export all orders depending the filters you're using in the order listing.
So if you want just to export a partial list ; best would be to use the date filters.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 10 months ago #271722

Thanks, but it is the products I want to export and not the orders. There is no date filter for products.

I've isolated the problem just to the product description field.

I can export an XLS spreadsheet of any of the other data, but it just won't work if I include the product description, or even if I just export the product descriptions on their own. it only produces an unreadable corrupt file - presumably the problem is connected with the volume of data - 1,874 products with detailed descriptions for each.

If I just process the information for display only, there is no problem. It displays the descriptions on screen, but I can't find any way of cutting and pasting (Excel comes back with the message it cannot paste the data), or downloading that data so i can't use the information.

6 years 10 months ago #271724

Hi,

There is a date filter for products in the mass actions.
Just select the filter "product column" with the column name "product_created" or "product_modified" and use the unix timestamp of the date you want in the input field of the filter.

The CSV and XLS work just fine. I would recommend using CSV. As Jerome said, the problem is with how you open the CSV in Excel, not the CSV in itself. You're using the ";" separator in the CSV but your Excel is openning the CSV with the "," separator. So just change the CSV separator in the settings of the HikaShop configuration, or configure your Excel to open the CSV with the correct separator and it will work just fine.
support.office.com/en-gb/article/Import-...en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB
support.office.com/en-gb/article/Text-Im...en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

6 years 10 months ago #271829

Many thanks. I would like to try it with date filter in that way. Apologies, but can you spell out clearly for me an example of a 'unix timestamp of the date' so I understand the format required. Sorry, but I'm not a developer and don't understand what this means.

6 years 10 months ago #271832

Hi,

You can use that tool to convert a date to a unix timestamp:
www.epochconverter.com

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds