importing product does not add category information

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #283857

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : PHP Version 5.6.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Quantum 57.0 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The column 'category_name' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_published' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_description' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_id' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_parent_id' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_meta_description' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_depth' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_keywords' is not in the list of possible columns

Hi I have exported my CSv and am not attempting to import a large number of items. I tried to use just the column headings and I received the following error messages
The column 'category_name' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_published' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_description' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_id' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_parent_id' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_meta_description' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_depth' is not in the list of possible columns
The column 'category_keywords' is not in the list of possible columns
These categories are already in the site but I need to add the category information along with the product
please can you help, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #283868

I have added my headings and a single product which I was using for testing. I hope this helps
Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: A052-import1.csv
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 4 months ago #283858

Hi,

I suppose that you're trying to use the products import system in the menu Products>Import of HikaShop.
Please understand that this is mainly a products import system, not a categories import system.
You can import some of the information of the categories but not everything.
If you want to import the columns as in the dabatase, please use the import system of your PHPMyAdmin.
It can import CSV files too and just requires that your CSV column names matches with the column names of the table in the database.
You can even export a CSV of the data in that table so that you can open it in excel, add the missing data there and import it back.

The products import system can have the category_name in the "categories" column, and category_name of the parent category in the "parent_category" column. It will in that case automatically create published categories based on these, without description, without meta description, etc. The main use though is to link the products you're importing with the categories already there.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #283897

Thank you Nicolas
from your comments I assume that I can add:
'category_name'
'category_parent'
I have these and have tried this but they are not being added? I'll try again with a smaller list to import.
They exist in the category tree in Hikashop already, I need to associate the product with these as a minimum can this be done?
Also my images are in additional folders within the hikashop 'upload' folder so can I Import the path associated with them for example:
folder/image1
where folder is a product image group name within the 'upload' folder
would the column heading be image?
Many thanks

6 years 4 months ago #283903

Hi,

Please read my message above.
As I said there, for the "category_name" you need to use the column name "categories" and for the category_parent, you need to use the column name "parent_category". If you use another column name it won't work.
The heading for images is "images".

I would recommend to read our tutorial on the import system:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/73-hikashop-import.html
Also, you can create one or two products through the interface of HikaShop and use the "export" button of the products listing in order to get a CSV of all the data of the products. The columns and data format are the same than the ones accepted by the import system.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #318669

I have a Point Of Sale application that is exporting product information from the brick and morter shop system to a CSV file on the website. My intention is to use PHP to reformat the CSV to meet HikaShop import standards, then run a cron to import the products every 15 minutes, mainly for quantity updates. I've figured most of it out, however, when I go to import the POS reformatted CSV file, the categories do not input correctly into HikaShop.

The format as detailed within the HikaShop product export to CSV shows a hierarchy of "Parent Category;Child Category", but when I import it only adds the Parent Category. Does this have to do with the need to define the parent category for import? If I add a parent category to the for each relationship to the top of the CSV file, will the parent;child relationship in the categories field be accepted?

If not, any suggestions?

3 years 11 months ago #318691

Hi,

I would recommend to pre create the categories in your HikaShop. Then, in your CSV only take into account the "categories" column where you have in it the name of each categories linked to the product (separated by a comma for example).
Note that the hierarchy of "parent category / child category" is in two different columns in the export CSV.
If you have them in the same column in the CSV you're trying to import, it won't work properly.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #318836

I figured this out, thanks. Now I can't export the products to take a look at how the import worked. I purchased the Business version. There are 14,000 product records. I get a screen with the untemplated HikaShop menu only when I select "Export" in the products tab.

3 years 11 months ago #318843

Hi,

It's probably because of a fatal error because HikaShop is loading all the products data in memory and it hits the memory limit of your php.ini
Turn on the "debug mode" and "error reporting" settings of the Joomla configuration.
Then, try again to export and at the bottom of the "untemplated page" you should see the fatal error message indicating not enough memory.
In that case, you can either increase the limitation in your php.ini or export less products at once.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 2 weeks ago #354956

I just upgraded the site to J4 and the cron has stopped working. The cron that preps the csv for upload has not changed and continues to create the latest product list every 15 minutes, but hikashop cron does not load it into the site db. Has the products db changed from J3 to J4? Thanks.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 2 weeks ago #354961

I think I solved it. Though waiting for shop owner confirmation.

When I migrated to J4 from J3, the Hikashop Products Cron Update Plugin didn't migrate, so I had to reset it up.

Fingers crossed!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

7 months 2 weeks ago #354959

Hi,

The first thing you can do is to directly call the cron URL from the cron tab of the HikaShop configuration.
It will manually trigger the cron and you'll see what it says.
If you see an error message, it means that you probably have a plugin or some custom code which is not compatible with Joomla 4, and the error message should explain where the problem is.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds