Import CSV. Some columns needs an ID number

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #289673

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

For example:

I have many item that in the Manufacturer column have a NAME (brand).

Hikashop require an ID number but I cannot replace the MANUFACTURER NAMES with ID for thousand items in my CSV

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by SuX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 1 month ago #289705

Hi,

In the product_manufacturer_id column, you can enter either the ID of the brand or the name of the brand.
Using the ID enables you to be sure that the system will link the product to the correct brand.
Using the name, if you have two brands with the same name, then the system will pick one but it might not be the one you want.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #289742

But before to import each item, with a brand (e.g. manufacturer A, manufacturer B, manufacturer C..........and so on)
Is it necessary before create the category brand in Hikashop? because I need from frontend the item are reachable by brand, price, type...)
In Hikashop I create category Product (man, woman, etc...) and category BRAND.
Is this useless because Hikashop automatically create the category once imported the item through CSV?

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 1 month ago #289743

Hi,

If you use an id, then yes, you need to pre created the brands. If you use a name, then the import will first search for a brand with the same name and use its id, and if none is found, it will create it and use its id.
So you don't have to pre create the brands.
And it's indeed the same for categories. If you enter names in the "categories" column, then HikaShop will create them if missing.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds