Multilingual CSV Export Import Falang

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #295782

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hey guys.
I have some problem. We have a multilingual website, which we decided to turn into e-coomerce tool using Hika Shop. We are using Falang 3.0 extension to translate our content. So the problem is, when I created some products manually and translated them via Falang, when I exported the CSV file from Hika Shop, the translation was nowhere to be found in the file. We need the ability to import our products and categories on 2 languages via CSV file. Please help me to solve this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 8 months ago #295794

Hi,

The export function doesn't support Falang.
The import however does.
Here is a thread which talks about import product data in several languages for Falang:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...-in-2-languages.html

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #295851

Thank you Nicolas.
So as I understood from the thread, we can add some fields to our import file, but not the custom fields, named in our native languages, which we are planning to use for the layout of the product's technical characteristics (and we have a lot these). So the only way we can do it, would be by using MS Acess and Akeeba Backup + Remote CLI + mysql command?

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 8 months ago #295854

Hi,

No, it's also possible to import the translation of custom product fields (since 1 year ago, when we added the translation of custom fields to the custom field system). When you create your custom field, just make sure you activate its "translatable" setting and you can use its column name + | + language code like the other core fields of the products to translate them.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds