Google Reviews Feed Generator

• Thank you received: 6
5 years 2 months ago #302867

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.01
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.02
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Too few arguments to function hikashopTagRouteHelper::getProductRoute(),

HI
We developed a Google Reviews feed that has been working brilliantly for displaying Stars next to our products in Google Shopping.
But I've noticed it stopped working a year or so ago, and the "reviews" (Comments, Votes) have not been updated.

We use a Cron (see the private url) and the php file is attached.

I think the update that we made was from Hikashop 2 to 3 (and we didn't notice the review feed issue). So, I'm not sure where to focus my efforts in resolving. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful...

The error seems to come from this line:
$itemLink = str_replace('/cli/', '/', hikashopTagRouteHelper::getProductRoute($review->vote_ref_id));

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Bobwales.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 2 months ago #302870

Hi,

You want to change the line:

$itemLink = str_replace('/cli/', '/', hikashopTagRouteHelper::getProductRoute($review->vote_ref_id));
to:
$itemLink = str_replace('/cli/', '/', hikashopTagRouteHelper::getProductRoute($review->vote_ref_id, 0, ''));
and that will prevent that error.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobwales

5 years 2 months ago #302903

Magnifique. Merci Nicolas, encore une fois!

Do you have any plan to provide a similar feed for Google Reviews? Ours was written especially by Robert Went and it is very effective for getting our products noticed, especially amongst shopping ads.

5 years 2 months ago #302912

Hi,

We didn't had such plans so far.
First, I didn't know it was a thing.
And second, the microdata on the product page already allow google to index votes for products. So unless you have a product page customized without the microdata (because it was made on an old version of Hikashop, or because the person who customized the page didn't include the microdata tags) such plugin shouldn't be much useful.
Now it could be interesting as it would allow Google to more easily find all the votes and comments btu so far I didn't see a lot of request for that so I can only suppose that the microdata tags are already doing their job good enough.

5 years 2 months ago #302921

I believe Google will eventually associate Votes with Products if both share the same MPN or GTIN, But it takes time.
For Google Merchant Centre, for Shopping Adverts, the Review Feed quickly updates the Products and those little stars appear sooner.
Right now Hikashop has everything in place and Google should get everything it needs with time. A Reviews Feed XML file would simply force it along more quickly. Also, there is some useful diagnostics to help solve issues in Merchant Centre, only available if there is such a feed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

5 years 2 months ago #302922

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll keep that on our todo list for potential futur developments.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds