Unique category/content for one group or one user

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3102

Hi! This might be an odd thought, but here's what I'm looking for;
I want to allow user A to be able to log in and see Category A. User B, category B - and so on.

Example: I (site admin) register an existing customer from my flower shop, let's call him John Doe, and then I create a specific category for him called "John's Stuff" and fill it with stuff that only John should be able to order from my webshop. I send the username and password to John and tell him that his unique little webshop is open for business. Then I create another HikaShop user, Jane Doe, for another existing customer from my brick & mortar shop and create the category "Jane's stuff" for her. Now - when John logs on - he can browse through "his items" in my webshop without being able to see Jane's stuff, and the other way around.

The question is, is it possible to associate a unique category with a specific user? If this can't be done by normal tweaking of the code somehow, how much would it cost me if I ask one of you guys to modify the code for me? I'm not a programmer, by far, but I do know what I need to keep my customers happy ;)

Don't get me wrong, HikaShop is fantastic, but the idea above would allow me to reach out to a new group of clients with unique needs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 3 months ago #3105

Hi,

We are currently working on ACL support for joomla and this is something you will be able to do. This feature is to be expected before the end of the year in the Business edition.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3107

That's awsome. I will absolutely keep my eyes open for that update. If it comes out in time, and works, I feel certain that a Business Licence is worth the price. Speaking of that, I will now return yo your main site and see how much you ask for the business edition.

Keep up the good work!!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds