Shipping threshold on order total.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3130

I'm sure I just posted this as a new thread, but somehow it didn't show up. Anyway... Just updated to 1.4 and noticed that one of the changes was that the shipping threshold for free shipping now included the VAT/TAX. Well, this has now broken my almost functional test shop! We calculate free shipping on order totals before VAT/TAX. Anyway to give an option to chose the method?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 months ago #3131

Hi,

Yes, that wasa problem someone found 1 week ago: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...l-charging.html#2794
You can do the opposite of what suggests that post to fix your problem.
I'm not sure that adding yet another option again is the good way to go with this. Why having the shipping prices checked on the total price without VAT would be necessary ? Execpt the fact that you don't want to change your prices, is there a good reason for it ?

13 years 3 months ago #3133

Thanks Nicolas,

we are primarily a B2B company who offer product to end users also, so tax in never something that applies to our sales as tax is claimed back between companies. That's why we calculate free shipping before tax as that is the true cost to our customers. So basically VAT is irrelevant to our trading in 99% of the cases.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 months ago #3134

But the taxes being proportional to the total of the order, setting the thresholds of the shipping methods with the taxes included shouldn't make any difference, does it ?

13 years 3 months ago #3135

Yes that is true. But with VAT changes, more of which are coming next month, it is easier just to keep track of changing the VAT rate in one place in Hika. Otherwise we'd have to recalculate the threshold of £150 (which is £176.25 with 17.5% VAT) to £180 (with 20% VAT). It's just an extra step to keep track of that was not needed until now.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Jaddi01.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds