Non standard ACL on new users

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #8840

Hi there.
I have just begun testing out this component and I must say I am very impressed.
I have a few quick questions.

On my site, on registratation, users have to submit a password (it´s per invite only) and then select a usergroup (like teacher, student, and so on).
All these users are automatically given Author access to the front-end of the site.
-These are my privileged users, and I want to offer them the best prices.

Now, other users should be able to use the store as well, but not at the same terms.
Problem is, if a user registers through hikashop, they will now also automatically be given author access.
Is there a way to give them only a registered status, without manually editing each?

I tried turning off the plugin called hikashop user synchronization, but still the user is being registered in the default joomla users table.
Ideally users would be given a registered status, but as hikashop seems to have its own user table, having new members only show up in this table would work as well.

Hope to hear from you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 month ago #8843

Hi,

The user level given to users by HikaShop is the same as the default user level configured in joomla. So you can just change the default user level in joomla and it will be used for new users in HikaShop.

The "no registration" choice of the option "registration" which is in the config under the tab checkout of the configuration allows you to only fill the hikashop user table without registering the user in joomla. That option is only available in our commercial versions.

13 years 1 month ago #8847

Alright, great. If I end of using this component, I will buy it to show my support anyway:)
I am guessing I already have gotten the answer, but just in case;

Yes, I know I can change the default user type from the joomla backend,but I am curious as to if hikashop can override this?
I want the default usertype to be Author (this means the user have registered through the invite system), users that have registered through hikashop should also be granted access, although a lower grade (registered).

Thank you for the super quick reply:)

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 month ago #8848

There is no option to override the joomla option.
Replacing the line:
$newUsertype = $usersConfig->get( 'new_usertype' );

by:
$newUsertype = false;

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php should default to the registered group.
That modification will however be lost when you update HikaShop.

13 years 1 month ago #8849

Perfect, just what I needed to know.
I´m buying:)

Have a good night,

Julian

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds