500 Internal Server Error with Joomla 1.6

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #17763

Hello everyone!

After the installation reports that it has successfully installed HikaShop, I click on HikaShop in the backend and get a 500 error. The frontend works fine, but it reports that there are no products, because there are none.

I have tried the FTP installation. I have installed it multiple times. I have deleted all associated tables with phpmyadmin.

I used the very same installer to install it on a different instance of Joomla 1.6 on the same server and it works perfectly. That makes me think that it is not a problem with the installer or the server itself.

I was hoping someone here could help me figure out what it causing it to be broken on my site. I really do not want to rebuild my site if I don't have to. We have a lot of content.

Our website is Joomla! 1.6.3 with Gantry template for frontend, rt_missioncontrol admin template, akeeba, extplorer, hikashop, jce, yvcomment.

The server is Ubuntu 10.10 with LAMPP. I don't think it is the server since I was able to run hikashop on this server with a different instance of J1.6.

Thanks for your time, I will answer any questions as best I can.

Thanks,
Derrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #17768

Hi,

A 500 error is a standard error message which is displayed when something goes bad. We unfortunately can't deduce anything from that expect that it didn't work...
Could you look at your PHP errors log to see what was the real error message ? (you might want to ask your hosting company about that)

On our end, hikashop has been working on 1.6 before 1.6 was even stable so it must be either a conflict with a specific extension of your website or with a specific setting of your website.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #17793

Thanks for your reply! I looked at the logs and found this:
[03-Jun-2011 16:05:22] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setClass() on a non-object in /opt/lampp/htdocs/joomla/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol_j16/lib/toolbar.php on line 228

So, I changed my admin template back to Bluestork and HikaShop works fine. I am not a coder, so I don't know what it means. I am going to post with RocketTheme, maybe they can fix it.

Thanks again for your help!

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #17794

Yes, it looks like a problem in your back end template. RocketTheme should be able to help better than us on the issue.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds