Product decription not showing

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #18083

I have com_hikashop_starter_1.4.0_2010-12-15 installed. Under the Hikashop options for "Type of item layout" I have selected "Image and Description" set. However, it seems that the display I am getting is "Image and Title". Should I not be getting the complete, or at least a preview, of the description for the item?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 10 months ago #18089

Are you sure that you're editing the correct options ?
You have the default display options in the configuration, under the Display tab. You also have them in the menu Display->Content menus and Display->Content modules for your menus and modules.
If you don't see the change, it's either that you have some cache on your website, or that you're not changing the correct option.

12 years 10 months ago #18172

Nicolas, thank you for coming to the rescue again. I followed your suggestions and under Hikashop->Display->Default parameters for DIVs was indeed set to "Images and Titles". I changed that to "Image and Descriptions". However, I am still seeing only the images and titles. I have Cache settings set to "No" under Global Configutaion->Cache Setings. You can view my site at www.witnessdvds.com/index.php?option=com...ut=listing&Itemid=53 . I am also including screenshots of the configuration items in question. Can you please let me know if there are additional configuration items I am missing?

Thank you.

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashop_p..._bug.doc
File Size:328 KB

Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #18184

The default options are only for NEW modules and menus. So that doesn't come into play here.
You have a category listing menu on that page and the products listing is displayed by the associated modules of your menu. Thus, you should edit the hikashop options of your module...
In the menu Display->Content modules, edit the module with the id 46.

12 years 10 months ago #18235

Ah! That fixed it. Now I get the product descriptions being displayed. Thank you Nicolas.

I have one more question though. Is it possible to change the layout of the divs such that they flow one per row instead 3 per row as we have now (I think this is the default behavior). With the descriptions showing, having 3 items per row looks pretty awful. Is this something that can be changed in one of the files under Hikashop->Configuration->Views->Display->Views?

12 years 10 months ago #18238

The number of columns option is also in that same options screen. No need to edit any view.

12 years 10 months ago #18256

Thank you Nicolas. All problems resolved.

This is a cool product and your support is excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone (I shall certainly do so with other customers of mine).

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds